Notifications from Planner in Teams

Copper Contributor

I am setting up a checklist system in teams using planner, whenever some comments on a 'task' it sends an email to all those assigned to the task. Is there any way to switch this off, and only have it come up as a notification on the teams app. We would like to avoid spamming emails as this system will be used quite often, but it is important that a notification is received by the assigned members (preferably on teams) when someone comments on the task.

4 Replies

@nwehlYou need to enter Planner and adjust the available settings. You can see the "Plan settings" under the three dots in the Planner meny.

Group email settings
- Email is always sent to the group when a comment is made on a task. You can adjust more settings in the Planner notifications settings

- Send email to the group when a task is assigned or completed
Only group owners can change this setting.

To stop receiving any group messages, select "Don't receive any group messages" in group settings.

@ChristianBergstrom Thanks for the reply, this will turn off email notifications however planner wont push notifications through teams. Its critical we still have notifications. I have designed my checklists to send notifications in a way that is as good as i think it will get for the time being.

@nwehl Hello again, it can be difficult to fully understand the requested scenarios in the community sometimes :) I am not aware of any other options than the official info in the attached link.

'Get Planner assignment notifications in Teams'

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/use-planner-in-microsoft-teams-62798a9f-e8f7-4722-a700-27dd...

@ChristianBergstrom 

Hello

Why Planer cannot disable permission to change due dates? At least it could send notification to who created this task.  Why this is not created yet?