Notifications from other organisations (guest account) not working

Copper Contributor

Notifications from other organisations (guest account) worked fine at the beginning of 2020. since march 2020 we do not receive notifications (chat or channel) from guest accounts in other tennants.
any idears ?

8 Replies

Trust me, they've never worked fine :) They've been some minor improvements, but overall they're still all over the place. Hopefully we get the promised support for multiple accounts/tenants (a la the mobile apps) soon.

@Vasil Michev 
thnx - is there any serious commitment or planning from MS on this ?

btw: same behavior in the teams mobile client (iOS or Android) - we used them all in our tennant

@StefanPStr Thank you for letting us know.  I have made the team aware of this issue and am trying to reproduce it on my end.  @Vasil Michev - if this is something you are seeing frequently, we should address it with the team as well.  

@Laurie Pottmeyer O365 support (escalation) told us: actual there are problems with notifications over all teams tennants regarding heavily using during the last few weeks. ms is working on it, but no commitment on fixing duration

@StefanPStr very disappointing indeed from MS. I have this bug where my iOS app shows a notification from the guess account that basically is not accurate / real. 

Hope Microsoft fix this ASAP.

hope MS fixes, this is still a major issue for our project team as well
Since the last update, there have been increasing reports from our users that they no longer receive notifications. We hope MSFT will fix this soon.