SOLVED

Notification when memeber joins Teams conference

Copper Contributor

Hi!

Is there an option or setting to turn on an audio notification in a meeting room when another colleague is joining the teams meeting? I mean as it is the case with skype conferences.

Thanks!

14 Replies

Hi @Max1011 - check out this page https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/turn-on-or-off-entry-and-exit-announcements-for-meet.... Unfortunately, it has to be done in the Teams admin center rather than controlled on a meeting-by-meeting basis by the meeting owner.

best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

You can get it when someone dials in via a conference bridge.

1. Open Teams Admin Center
  2. Select Meetings > Conference Bridges
  3. Select Bridge Settings
  4. Make sure that Meeting entry and exit notifications are On

clipboard_image_0.png

If someone signs in using web client or Teams client you will be able to see who it is signing in and if you want more control who is joining make sure that the Lobby function is activated for your meeting.

@Max1011 

Meeting organizer can choose wheater it should play sound once user joins or leaves a meeting.

If you will go to the Teams meeting in Outlook or Teams client and click on "meeting options":

marienas_0-1590581191811.png

Then you will have an option to disable this feature:

marienas_1-1590581232219.png

@marienas Hi, I have this option enabled. No sound on members entering my meetings. Any suggestions

@Linus Cansby I've checked with our IT Services team and they say we 'do not have conference bridge'.

Has the system changed since your original post? 

Is there a way to get audio notifications for members entering/leaving a meeting?

@rmistrytmc You can't get a notification when Teams users joins the meeting, only when someone calls in. If you need some notification either check the list of users joined in the meeting or activate Lobby for everyone, then you will get some kind of notification when someone wants to join the meeting.

That is useless.
Where's my Webex MSI?
For ADA accessibility, this really needs to be something individual users can set without relying on the meeting organizer
This is frankly a shocking oversight, particularly given that Teams insists on minimising the meeting window when sharing, etc. As the meeting organiser you then have no indication whatsoever that people are joining. You are out of sync with Zoom/Webex here and it urgently needs a solution.
I set this to "on" but it still doesn't do any sound... This is a miss really, always get a shock by having the window on the background waiting for someone :)
So what exactly is the definition of 'callers' in this case. Is it just people who join by phone?
Same here, every time. It's basic functionality for every other conference call app. I can't tell you how many times I'm the organizer and don't realize I suddenly have a room full of people waiting on me to say something. Yet, it doesn't appear they plan on adding this feature. This thread is getting some age on it and no fix in sight.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

You can get it when someone dials in via a conference bridge.

1. Open Teams Admin Center
  2. Select Meetings > Conference Bridges
  3. Select Bridge Settings
  4. Make sure that Meeting entry and exit notifications are On

clipboard_image_0.png

If someone signs in using web client or Teams client you will be able to see who it is signing in and if you want more control who is joining make sure that the Lobby function is activated for your meeting.

View solution in original post