SOLVED

Not possible to go to the Team from a Channel

Copper Contributor

In the Desktop app, when I'm in a channel, I've no option to go to the main Team.

This is the case when I go directly to the discussion in a channel, clicking on an item from the Activity list (for instance when somebody mentions me).

I believe it would be really good to have on each channel, a button that takes you to the Team that contains the channel you're in.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@OmarConte 

Agree, you can click on the Team icon next to the team name at the top left and click go to members. You will then be taken to the team at the left panke and see channels etc

/ Adam

@adam deltinger yes, you're right... but...

following what you say (Team icon > Members), the main Team is selected on the left, but I still need to scroll down and find the highlighted one (I have more than 30 teams), to be able to access the other channels (I know I can do Team icon > Members > Channels, and choose the one I want, but this is not user friendly).

So the point is not only to be taken to the Team, but also to automatically scroll the Teams list in order to have it visible on the left.

@OmarConte 

Sure, make sure to upvote this here:

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/

I'm pretty certain there's already a uservoice for this

/ Adam

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@OmarConte 

Agree, you can click on the Team icon next to the team name at the top left and click go to members. You will then be taken to the team at the left panke and see channels etc

/ Adam

View solution in original post