SOLVED

Not able to see ongoing call in channels and no notification for chat

Copper Contributor

Is anyone else having trouble with not being able to join or even see that a call is going on in a specific channel? Also with not getting any notifications that anything was posted in the chat? Any help on how to troubleshoot this? This is the Teams desktop app on a PC. We've tried logging in and out of Teams, updating the app and the computer, and restarting the computer and nothing is working. 

2 Replies
best response confirmed by EEichner (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi, this could be that you just have to set up your notification settings. For this specific channel, go to the channel you mentioned here, click on the three dots to the right (you have the teams and all channels underneath in the left navigation field) and then select "Channel notifications". You can also configure notifications in the Teams settings from the top right corner.

Let me just add to this that you also have to "follow" the Team (the underlying group) as a subscriber to be notified of events.

@ChristianBergstrom Thank you so much! This fixed my notification issue perfectly. I had no idea that was even an option to switch. I appreciate your help :smile:

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by EEichner (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi, this could be that you just have to set up your notification settings. For this specific channel, go to the channel you mentioned here, click on the three dots to the right (you have the teams and all channels underneath in the left navigation field) and then select "Channel notifications". You can also configure notifications in the Teams settings from the top right corner.

Let me just add to this that you also have to "follow" the Team (the underlying group) as a subscriber to be notified of events.

View solution in original post