SOLVED

Not able to launch Microsoft team

Copper Contributor

Hello Team,

When I try to join microsoft team meeting, my system throws an error and it restarts.

your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We are just collecting some error info and the we will restart for you

stop Code: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

My system:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4800MQ CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2694 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

12 Replies
Hi,

Sticking with the device theme, presuming you are joining with camera turned on. Does it work without issue with camera turned off?

Thanks

Henry

@HenryPhillipsNimbitech 

Without the camera it is working.
But I need the camera.

Thanks,
Dilip
Hi,

Sorry, I know. This was just to deduce the problem device.

Now we can safely assume it is the Camera causing the crash. Is it an inbuilt camera or external device?

In the first instance I would ensure your device has the most up to date drivers. You can easily achieve this by going into device manager, select camera and choose the update driver option.

Failing that you can look for latest drivers/firmware from the manufacturers website.

Hopefully there will be updated drivers available and once installed things will be better?

Thanks

Henry

@HenryPhillipsNimbitech 

I have inbuilt camera.

And when I try to update the camera I get the message "the best device driver is already installed".

Please let me know what needs to be done.

Thanks,

Dilip

Does your camera show up as just a single entry in Teams? You don't have other any other Camera software installed do you? That then presents itself as a virtual instance. If so, I would remove that software.

As there is no update via the traditional method, I would still go to the manufacturers website and see what the latest drivers/firmware updates are available on there.

You could also within Device Manager choose the uninstall method if it lets you and then let it re-detect and see if that is any better.

Unfortunately for this type of situation there is no golden answer as hardware can differ greatly and that is where the issue lies in this instance.

Thanks

Henry

@HenryPhillipsNimbitech 

My camera driver version details:

Version: 3.5.7.25

Provider: SunplusIT

@HenryPhillipsNimbitech 

Any idea from where do I download the software for the camera.

and which version I should opt for.

Thanks,

Dilip

@HenryPhillipsNimbitech 

Also I tried to uninstall and install but it did not work.

Thanks,

Dilip

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @dilip023 ,

Take a look at this thread as it mentions a similar issue and also the same Camera driver, although looking at version numbers there does seem to be later versions. There are also some non driver related fix suggestions that could be tried.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-keeps-turning-off-and-on-again/75294bab...

Thanks

Henry

@HenryPhillipsNimbitech 

Hi team 

I also have problem regarding microsoft teams when I try to join the meeting then it throws me away in BSOD Error code 
(system service exeption) but my system is uptodate and drivers too.  I also tried to using web page but it always show (failed to login plz try again) i also tried to using different browser but the problem continues but i used it in my mobile its working but in my desktop  its not working i disable antivirus and too many things but the problem continues. So plz help me out of this problem. But first i used it in windows 7 (32bit) it is working but when i shifted to windows 10 (64bit) first 10-15 days its working and then the problem cames. So that is my problem i hope u will help me out and Thanks in advance 

Regards

Soham

I am possibly thinking this sounds like this..

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/bsod-1-4-00-2879/m-p/2130108#M84891

- hope the link worked ; I searched for BSOD (blue screen of death) and this popped up.

I have/had the same issue - previously any teams meeting worked.. then it failed with a BSOD then worked for a bit only for the very latest update 1.4.2879 to end up with it failing with a BSOD again!

Intel (HD) graphics is what is on my laptop - I have all the latest drivers but still a few years old. Per the suggestions in the thread if you disable the intel HD graphics before for any video call (windows key & X -> Device Manager-> right click "Display Adapters" -> Disable) then this will work to join the meeting - albeit in our case everything/everyone is just about legiable the screen looks very dark! - then when you are finished the call just go back in and Enable the Intel HD graphics drivers... - you can do all this with out having to reboot.

Per the thread sounds like in Teams this issue was actually 'fixed' for a while - only for this latest version to have the same issue. ; this sounds consistent to what you report too , and is what I saw myself right up to this very latest version of teams.

Other options in the thread seem to be to use the web version for teams meetings too [haven't tried this myself] - or buy a cheap graphics card. On the basis that Children will eventually! go back to school at some point we are avoiding the last one for just now!

Anyways disabling the display adapter for the duration of any meetings and re-enabling it straight after -seems to work for us! Although for the laptop in question this only has to cover a weekly violin lesson and a weekly call with the teacher! - anyways hope this helps.
This method worked for me. I use HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC with Windows 10 installed.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @dilip023 ,

Take a look at this thread as it mentions a similar issue and also the same Camera driver, although looking at version numbers there does seem to be later versions. There are also some non driver related fix suggestions that could be tried.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-keeps-turning-off-and-on-again/75294bab...

Thanks

Henry

View solution in original post