noreply@email.teams.microsoft[.]com is detected as a malware they are coming from MS IPs

Copper Contributor

We have received a lot of alerts coming from O365 that this email address sender:
noreply@email.teams.microsoft[.]com is sending email with malware content, by investigating the alerts, we can see all the originating IPs are coming from Microsoft, only one IP is not registered as permitted sender but it is still a Microsoft IP. are you aware of a similar issue? 

Thanks,

15 Replies

It's a known issue, and something Microsoft has fixed since. You can get more info from the SHD, incident EX189242.

Spoiler
that email is so much hard

@Beshoy_Iskander 
Microsoft Teams <noreply@account-microsoft365.com>
Is this teams or Microsoft Official mail id ?

Just want to confirm that this is a valid MS address and the malware has been addressed email address removed for privacy reasons
Thank you
email address removed for privacy reasons forgot to add email address. thx

hi why are  you messinging that thing from  a minte  a go i do not find you funny put your maniger on now right no i mean it   

Apparently not as I'm still getting SPAMMED by this. Had it been fixed, that wouldn't be the case.
I just received an email from this exact email address today, so it's a recurring issue. It said that I won a prize.

@Qiana1925 I just received one as well from the same email saying I won their January prize of an iPhone lol

It has not been fixed, just received a spam from this address.

@Beshoy_Iskander 

received on 24 February 2024 

email address removed for privacy reasons