Non organisation are members also guests?

Copper Contributor

I've created (using O365 personal account) a Free version of Teams for keeping in contact with my referees (football) over the Covid19 period.  As it's not a team from within a domain / organisation and all invites (via email) are for email accounts from various providers (yahoo, outlook, schools, businesses) will the people I invite to join be treated as guests or members?

Is there a real difference when I'm not using a domain?

Will there be any issues with them joining?

Teams appears to be the best platform for communication / sharing / collaboration I've found that allows for chat / online meetings, so I want this to work

Help

David

2 Replies

@alitaqvi Yes I know the differences - I'm asking if having a group that isn't a part of a domain naming scheme e.g. not all Microsoft emails user@contoso.com , but from different email addresses would create a issue in establishing them into the free version of Teams?

I'm looking for a cheaper option than the Business Essentials as we don't have funds for 200 users at $6.90 per user / mth - We don't quality as a NFP but are community based and need a platform to communicate during this time that isn't Facebook.  The free version is good, but limited.

Any suggestions would be appreciated