No users shown in call + occasionally missing webcam feed

Copper Contributor

Hi there,

I'm having occasional calls over MS Teams that are organized by companies for interview purposes. I usually get an invite via eMail with a link to join the call and usually go with the Web version.

I've had a handful of occasions with the following 2 issues, which are unrelated, but have happened to me at least 2 or 3 times over the past few weeks:

1) The meeting room appears as empty, despite all involved participants having joined. Meaning that if there's 2 of us, neither of us can see the other person in the call and it just appears like you're alone there. 

2) Other people can't see your webcam feed, despite it appearing to work just fine on your end. 

I wasn't really able to find any specific information regarding those issues after a quick search, so I was wondering if anybody had some ideas for solutions or if this is just something that MS has to fix on their end. I guess that it might be an issue with the web version of MS Teams, but using the desktop application is out of question.

The webcam feed isn't really big issue, but when you're supposed to have an interview over MS Teams and the meeting room appears as empty, then it's a rather huge problem, especially when you scheduled it weeks in advance only to figure out that MS Teams wasn't doing it's job after contacting the people involved + having to reschedule the call and hope that it'll work next time, which means that some calls are delayed by days if not weeks, depending on how occupied everybody involved is.. :\

2 Replies
It could be that the company disallowed webcams for externals.

@paul keijzers thank you for mentioning this, though it didn't seem to be the case. I should have mentioned that the webcam feed did start working eventually after rejoining a call, though sometimes it wouldn't show up until after a few seconds if not later. My bad.