SOLVED

No new messages in desktop client after switching organisation

Brass Contributor

Hello,

we have the following problem: Using Windows Desktop Client and we have user which are switchting with this client between own and partner organisation. 

When they swtich back to own organisation in client they get no new messages. 

They have to close the Teams client and restart the client. 

Web browser and mobile client have no problem. 

We got information from other company, that they have same problem. 

Regards

55 Replies
Is this an older build? Can you validate that your client has refreshed to latest updates? We had an issue earlier around this.

well our workaround was syncing the guests organisation files via onedrive/ explorer so the user didn't have to swich orgs that often.

for me i'm using Microsoft Teams Version 1.5.00.3276 (dev) currently and couldn't replicate the issue for now.

"You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.4.00.35564 (64-bit). It was last updated on 2/1/2022."
Hello Sam, in our organization the error still occurs sporadically with some users.
When the organization is changed, the teams sometimes hangs completely and can only be fixed by restarting the device.

The clients are all running on version 1.5.00.17656 .

@Jonas_621 Have you found any updates to this issue?  We are still experiencing it.  We are running version 1.5.00.33362

@Jamie_DruckerNo sorry we still have the problem too.

@SeanWatkins 

I still see the issue happening. Switching between two team organisations I do not get updates on the chat.

I do however receive notifications about new chat messages for the other organisation while being logged to another one. When I switch to it however the messages are not there. 

@Marc Mönnikes 

Same problem here.

It's already Feb 2023, and this issue is still occuring.
Hello all,

The error no longer occurs with our devices. Version 1.6.00.1381 has been installed on all systems since 07.02.2023.
I still have a user experiencing this issue on 1.6.00.1381.
We are experiencing this issue too, running Microsoft Teams Version 1.6.00.1381 (64-bit). It was last updated on 2/7/2023.

Happens to entire team working with another org. We are having to exit the teams app entirely and reopen it in order to see anything new.
It's May 2023 and the same issue occurs for me, that was already reported almost 2 years ago.

Microsoft Teams Version 1.6.00.6754 (64-Bit) is used. Whenever I switch organizations, there are no more chat messages appearing, which is really annoying. This problem only occurs in the desktop app. Notifications in Windows seem to work as expected.

@Pernille-Eskebo is there any update on issue ? people those who are on multiple organisation are getting issue for more than 2 years and we are still waiting for this bugfix.

What could be the alternative solution on this ? Kindly suggest

Happening to us as well.  I have to consistently close and reopen Teams whenever I switch Organization to make sure I don't miss any messages.  Very annoying since I switch Organization multiple times per day.

For such a big company, Microsoft seems to have alot of trouble handling multiple accounts very well accross its entire ecosystem.  We can't use two different Microsoft accounts from two different organizations in the same browser when accessing ressources either, even if you take the time to sign out, it'll keep pulling stuff from cache/cookies to try and log you in with the wrong account.

Get it together Microsoft!  People are now more connected then ever, being able to use multiple accounts/organizations seamlessly accross all your apps should be your top priority in a post-pandemic world!

Same problem here. It works between some organizations but often only in one direction (active in A, receiving from B, but when active in B I'm not receiving anything from A). All settings are identical.