No longer able to schedule teams meetings in outlook or teams

Copper Contributor

As of yesterday we were able to easily schedule a Teams meeting in Outlook or in Teams -as of today that icon is no longer there and the option seems to have vanished in the Outlook Calendar as well as Teams Calendar.

Why has teams stopped allowing us to schedule teams meetings? Is anyone else having this issue? I spoke to a colleague this afternoon that claimed the same issue.

5 Replies

@Tribuwan What is not there in the Teams calendar? The +New Meeting button should always be there, there is no way to turn it off?

@Steven Collier the + Meetings button is there but when I click it there used to be a button that said "Make an MSTeam Meeting" - this used to automatically add an MSTeams Meeting link to the bottom of the meeting message. This "Make an MSTeams meeting" button is now gone when I click the +Meetings button in MSTeams and in Outlook's calendar/meeting scheduler.

@Tribuwan There never was a button to do that inside Teams. If you create a new meeting and invite someone to it (you have to invite someone) it then adds the meeting join details when you save.

There is a button in Outlook to add a Teams Meeting, if that's not there I would look at your addins in Outlook to see if it's been disabled. 

1. In Outlook, go to File > Options > Add-Ins. The Teams add-in is likely showing at the bottom under Disabled Add-ins.

2. At the bottom of the add-ins screen next to "Manage", click the drop-down and change to "Disabled Items" and then click Go.

3. Click on the disabled Teams add-in and then click Enable.

4. Restart Outlook.

@Steven Collier 

I know this is from a couple years ago, but the question was not about creating a Teams meeting in Teams, but in Outlook. There was a button to create a Teams meeting in Outlook. For example, I had it for half a year, and now mine is gone. Steven Collier didn't answer the question.

Hi @Tribuwan

Just now resolved one similar case to this. Please follow the below steps and let me know whether it is working or not.

1. Quit Teams by right clicking Teams icon and select quit.
2. Remove the Teams Meeting Add-in from outlook by going to File>Options>Addin> active add-ins > select Go> click on Teams meeting add-in and click remove > OK and Quit the outlook.
3. Delete the folder "TeamsMeetingAddin" from below location - C:/users/<username>/Appdata/Local/Microsoft/
4. Uninstall both classic and New Teams [install using Teamsx64exe file.]
5. To get this exe file, schedule a dummy meeting in Teams web, click on the meeting space from Teams web calendar, it will give you a Teams meeting joining link.
6. Copy this link and put it in a new Tab and hit enter, cancel the pop-up menu and if you see at the bottom, you will get a link to download Teamsx64exe file.
7. Install Teams using the above exe and switch to New teams.
8. Now open the outlook, it will automatically enable Teams Meeting add-in which is downloaded when we installed the Teams.
9. Now you can see the schedule Teams meeting option from outlook.

if you think above steps are too long not clearly categorized, try below link which is suggested by Microsoft. But for me the first method is the one which helped.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/teams-meeting-add-in-is-missing-in-outlook-desktop-after-...

please like/click as best response if this solves your issue.

Note: I'm not an Microsoft employee, just an independent advisor.