No Join Button - Teams Outlook Add-in

Brass Contributor

Hi All,

We recently discovered an issue with the Teams outlook add-in, where there is no Join button for Teams meetings on the Outlook calendar reminder. 

We are currently in islands mode, and there is a Join button for Skype meetings in the Outlook calendar reminder. Any ideas?

Thanks.

29 Replies

@Chris Webb 

Turns out that the version of Office we were using was causing the issue:

Release Notes for 1902:

Join Teams meetings from the Outlook Reminders dialog: When Outlook reminds users of an upcoming meeting, it will show a Join Online button if the upcoming meeting is a Teams online meeting. This is similar to the experience of joining a Skype for Business meeting from the Outlook Reminders dialog.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/semi-annual-channel-targeted-2019#version-1808-februa...

Well I did suggest about that early on in the thread ;) glad you figured it out!

@amoller Thanks for this link! I have been killing myself trying to find why our org is not getting a join online options as well. I will see if our admins can expedite upgrading to this version!

Thanks again

@amollerThank you for finding and sharing this information.  We have same issue and noticed that we are currently using version 1808.  We will upgrade to 1902 March version and will check.   Thanks!!

I’m having the exact same issue!

@Bmccnnll We see the same issue that the Join online button does not work in Outlook 64 bit Version 2002 (Build 12527.20880 Click-to-Run) from Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel.

@amoller 

Hi Team

I have the same issue in desktop only.

while using the same account in mobile app it is working fine but in the desktop it is not showing join button.

I notice also while switch between two accounts it is not asking the password.

@Erwin Bierens i wish i was teacher

Could this be related to those with an on-prem Exchange server?

We are part way through migrating users from on-prem Exchange to Exchange Online (365). I'm seeing the same missing JOIN button when someone with an on-prem account sends an Teams Meeting invite to a Exchange Online user.

The Teams meeting details are in the message body, just no JOIN button.