No editing of documents possible since yesterday

Copper Contributor

Since yesterday our users of "Teams" cannot edit any documents anymore (eg word documents) when opening them directly in "Teams". Does anyone know what's going one?

Thanks,

Thomas

7 Replies

@Thom82 

Corona - Covid-19 situation...  high load in servers... 

To best support our Microsoft 365 Education customers worldwide and accommodate new growth and demand during these unprecedented times, we are making a temporary adjustment to Office document behavior within Microsoft Teams for students and teachers.

Hi, I have Office 365 Business Premium License and also experiencing the same issue. We cannot edit Word documents using teams. Who do i contact for help to fix this? @Carl-Fredrik Persson 

Check Service Health in your admin center - https://admin.microsoft.com/AdminPortal/Home#/servicehealth

(There are no reports in my tenant, and I can edit Word documents directly in Teams fine - but your tenant may be different)

@Rob Ellis thank you very much for this information.

@4Adminyou should find you still have the options to 'Edit in Word Online' and 'Open in Word' though?

@Rob Ellis yes, for now I'm editing in SharePoint. There's just this glitch that makes us unable to 'Edit in Teams'

Well, sometimes it seems to work, one of our students reported. But now it again won't.

Yes, Word Online is an option. But somes students reported that this also didn't work. But maybe they did something wrong.