No Contact sync on several Desk phones

Copper Contributor

We use different types of desk phones for customers with Teams Telephone System. The synchronization between Outlook and Teams desktop app on Windows works. But the Teams contacts don't show up on the desk phones. It affects all users, in different companies. It affects providers like Yealink (VP59) as well as Lenovo. Surely it can't be that the most important function of a desk phone doesn't work? Latest firmware updates didn't help. The manufacturer points to Microsoft as it is clearly an app issue and not a manufacturer issue

7 Replies

@Joe2021 

Since the community has not yet responded to your post, you might want to seek assistance with other resources that are focused on tech support:

• Ask your IT manager to open a support case or call Microsoft using the support line you were given.  Other options for business subscription admins are listed here:

Get support | Microsoft Docs

https://support.serviceshub.microsoft.com/supportforbusiness/create

Surprised this has not gotten more traction, same issue see this from help ticket from Yealink:

1. Microsoft designed the Teams app, and the Yealink phone is a phone device running Teams app.
2. The outlook contact sync is only in read-only mode, which means you can't add others except your internal communicators to contacts/speed dial.
3. Please contact Microsoft for help, and see if they got a plan to develop the add outlook contact to speed dial feature.
And it would be appreciated you can provide the Micorosoft Ticket number, so if any progress we can help with, we'll get our PM to talk about their PM.

This seems to be a big problem right? We have 10 Yealink phones and none of them have our Outlook contacts showing up... help?

@alexcpc 

Have you found a solution for this?  We have the same problem on all of our VP59 phones.  Yealink says it is Microsoft.  We opened a ticket with Microsoft and it has been a month and they are still trying to look at the issue.  No resolution from them.

@ddkinfotech2435 One of the firmware updates made most (not all) Outlook contacts sync TO phones since this post.

However I agree this is a Microsoft problem. For example, in the teams desktop app I can usually only see one contact number and it's most often the Mobile phone if I have both an Work and mobile phone saved on the contact. This is so poorly done. 

We are a small firm and cannot chase down solutions so are just living with the poor contact sync functionality.

@alexcpc 

Does anyone have any update on this?  We have the Yealink VP59 phones with same issue - cannot sync contacts and also you cannot search for any external contacts.   We have opened ticket with Microsoft, reached out to Yealink also.

We received exact same reply from Yealink that you received.  Seems like their responses to bugs with Teams is templated and they send the same response to everyone blaming Teams.  What I don't understand is that how is it that it works on certain phones and not others.

@ddkinfotech2435 

Did you ever figure out a fix for this?

@bmcclain  Did you ever figure this out ?
I have a yealink MP58 and I have the same problem.