No Calendar on Free version of Teams

Copper Contributor

Afternoon, I am a secretary of a curling club in Scotland and due to Covid 19 I would like to arrange meetings with my committee. I pay for and use Office 365 but on downloading Teams and setting it up there is no calendar icon on the left side of the page.

I cant seem to find anywhere that would allow me to arrange and schedule meetings with my members

5 Replies

@Janice10 

Have you moved (or created your mailboxes to 365 yet, or are they running on another Exchange server?

If the mailbox, which holds the calendar for the relevant user, isnt in 365 the that user won't see the calendar link on the left.

@AndyTukeYes it shows Microsoft 365 on the opening screen.

@Janice10 It could be that you have a version of Office 365 that doesn't include Teams. Teams is included in these Office 365 subscriptions

• Business Essentials

• Business Premium

• Enterprise, E1, E3 or E5

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/how-do-i-get-access-to-microsoft-teams-fc7f1634-abd3-4f26-a...

If you don't have one of these Office 365 subscriptions you can use Teams free edition but that version doesn't include scheduling meetings. 

@Linus CansbyThanks Id looked on google and thought that was the case but it was confusing with some of the posts. Some say you can use apps to allow this to happen like cronofy calendar but that didnt work either.

If I cant hold a meeting with another 5 of my ladies Ill just have to delete Teams.

Shame really as theres not much else out there to have a meeting with social distancing measures in place.

Many thanks for the reply

@Janice10 You could start a meeting in Teams. Copy the meeting details and paste that information to a scheduled meeting in Outlook.