no access to microsoft teams

Copper Contributor

i cannot connect to my teams group . i have d re-installing and allowing cookies still doesnt work .it continually says more information required? please r e mail for a fix i have tried microsoft remote team who have sent me here???

i get this

AADSTS50020: User account 'tdancymoore@hotmail.co.uk' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant 'dancy' and cannot access the application '5e3ce6c0-2b1f-4285-8d4b-75ee78787346'(Microsoft Teams Web Client) in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Sign out and sign in again with a different Azure Active Directory user account.

8 Replies
Hi @tracymoore

Issue is that your user account you are logging in with does not exist in that Teams account.

Therefore solution is

- Have the organisation add user tdancymoore@hotmail.co.uk as a guest to a Team in their Teams account. Your user account will then exist in their azure active directory and you should be able to login and access the team

An alternative is for the organisation to create you a user on their domain and then you log in with the credentials they supply

Hope that answers your question - the actions are with the organisation you are trying to access, not you - assuming that tdancymoore@hotmail.co.uk is a legitimate user account and active

Best, Chris

the team group is run by alanmoore111@outlook.com  who cannot also get on teams ,due to an error message stating your organisation needs more information from you that goes round and round . 

the group  is called dancy and nobody can join as the organiser keeps receiving the message after siging in that 'more information is required from your organisation' 

Is this a free - or paid Teams instance (I.e. Office 365?)

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard  it is a free account

If it is a free account and you are all having issues setting up then there is a few ways around this

1.) Create a new Teams Free account with another outlook account
2.) See if you can get into Teams online (https://teams.microsoft.com) after clearing your browser history/cache

Let me know how you get on

Best, Chris
3.)

i was with microsoft helpline who took control of the pc and they could not do it. even trying a new link . everyone we invite cannot get on it via a linked e mail 

If MS cannot resolve it, and it is still like that then I would recommend setting up a new outlook account (you can have more than one) and new Teams account. With free Teams support options are limited.

You could also look to delete it, then recreate it per this article

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/delete-your-teams-free-organization-2c28cfcf-3fbf-497c-93...

One you have managed to delete sign back up. However the easier and quicker option is to create a new one with a new outlook email

Best, Chris