SOLVED

New users confusion between "Reply" and "Start a new conversation" input boxes

Brass Contributor

We have a large Teams user base and are constantly adding people. One thing that really screws up the flow of conversation in a channel is when someone replies to a conversation using the "Start a new conversation" input box at the bottom instead of clicking on the the "Reply" feature to open the "Reply" input box. I think the fact that, once open, the two input boxes appear identical except for the suggested text to "Reply" and "Start a new conversation". The large number of times it happens makes me convinced that the UI needs improvement. I do it sometimes too on accident even though it irritates me when others do it. I think the thread reply field should be more obvious than simple "Reply" text... And when it does pop up, it should be visually different than the "Start a new conversation" input box. I think people get used to it looking the same and instinctively feel like the bottom box is the correct one. I suggest you update the UI to make a stronger visual distinction between the two. Of course you could make the argument that they should read the suggested text to Reply or start a new conversation but the number of times this happens seems like a business case that these two should be more strongly differentiated.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Scott_E (Brass Contributor)
Solution
This is a known issue and Microsoft is working on a better more clear way to avoid this!

Adam
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Scott_E (Brass Contributor)
Solution
This is a known issue and Microsoft is working on a better more clear way to avoid this!

Adam

View solution in original post