New to Teams

Fred Cook
New Contributor

We are testing Teams in our office, looks good so far and should replace several non integrated apps.  I note that it uses Sharepoint for file storage, a site that is created when Teams is  installed.  I have had a little experience with Sharepoint, years ago in a different company, so I would like to look that this Site that was created.  How do I find it and access it?

4 Replies

Hover your mouse over the 3 dots (ellipsis) to the right of the General link at the top of the screen, choose open in SharePoint.

You should also, click  the Help icon in the bottom left, then choose Videos to see some getting started videos.

I do that and get taken to the Site I set up 3 years ago, but it does not contain the file that I posted in a chat.  I can go to Files in the tabs bar and it shows that file (only one as it was a test to see how it worked).  Why don't I see it on the site?

I should clarify, when I go to Files in the tab bar (in Teams)...
Each time you create a channel in a Team, a folder with the channel name is created in the document library of the site so you have to browse the right folder in the site and the file should be there...if you share the file in a private chat, it will be in your ODFB
Related Conversations
Teams error code - 6
damnit95 in Office 365 on
4 Replies
Sharing a Teams Calendar
Michael Krueger in Microsoft Teams on
16 Replies
Teams Updater Vulnerability
Andrew Matthews in Microsoft Teams on
15 Replies
Skype Room System stuck on signing in (Solved)
ckoppen in Microsoft Teams on
26 Replies
No Call button in Teams desktop client
Claus-Ole Olsen in Microsoft Teams on
52 Replies