New to Teams, what to do with Personas?

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I am learning service adoption of Teams and O365 as a tool and I plan to use this knowledge some time for our customers. I am in the beginning of this learning and found Persona material as tools to measure expectations of people. I am not able to corelate what and where this information can help in implementing the tools like Teams and O365

Appreciate if someone could clarify, Thanks

Link of Persona material

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/adopt-tools-and-downloads

Kailash

2 Replies

The personas material are some example of different personas that will help you to create your own personas for your organisation. During your adoption project you should have 3-6 personas (depending on type of organisation). A persona is a high level definition of a role in your organisation and how they work, so you know how to target them for education of Teams.

Example if you have an department working with economy in your organisation, they might now schedule any meetings (then you don't have to focus on that), the share files within their team (focus on educating them on working with files) and they also send out information to other persons (educate them how to work with that).

Another persona might be the warehouse worker that only will use Teams in their mobile phone (no need to educate them on the desktop client), they are going to use Shifts everyday (focus on that).

So with creating personas for your organisation you will make sure that users get the help they need to get started with Teams. Personas is just high level so you will always find exceptions and people that change roles now and then.

Thanks @Linus Cansby for your kind response