New Time Proposals for Meetings booked in Teams not appearing in Outlook

Copper Contributor

Hi All, first post.

According to this thread when a meeting is organised from a Channel in Teams the organiser should be notified in Outlook when a participant declines and proposes a new time.

However today I set a meeting using the 'Schedule Meeting' button within the Teams Desktop App from the Channel I wanted. One of the particpients declined along with a proposed new time and I got nothing in Outlook. When I checked directly (in the teams calendar) I could see they had declined but there was no time proposal that I could see. Luckily they directly messaged me to ask about the new time shortly after so I knew about it.

Is there a setting in Teams or Outlook I need to look at to fix this as we are trying to switch to Teams meetings from Outlook so meeting notes/discussions can be easily tracked?

Thanks,

Chris

2 Replies

Channel meetings have always been a bit odd, so this might be just another example on how they behave differently. I've tested the same behavior with a "regular" Teams meeting and the organizer did receive the new time proposal, so all worked as expected.

@Vasil Michev 

Hi Vasil, Looks like Microsoft changed the way the meetings invites were declined or propose new time when team channel is added in new meeting. When I performed a message trace it gets dropped and instead of showing the actual organizer in the TO field, it shows the Teams Channel Name.