SOLVED

New Teams feature notification inconsistently appears for users (e.g. profile menu update)

Iron Contributor

This week our tenant received the profile menu update described in MC228368. On one of my machines, I ended up seeing the following notification telling me more about this change:

New Settings location in Teams.png

I asked a few coworkers if they had observed this notification and they said no. However, they do see the profile change. 

Are there any settings within Teams or Windows 10 that may interfere with notifications such as this? I'd love to see any relevant documentation on this as well since I wasn't able to locate anything in the MS Docs.  

2 Replies
best response confirmed by BShipe (Iron Contributor)
Solution
Hello, don't believe there is so probably part of the relatively inconsistent update process and behavior. Sometimes I see these messages and sometimes not.
Thank you for the feedback! It's unfortunate if those notifications are inconsistent, as I personally find them insightful and I suspect our organization would greatly benefit from seeing them. The fact that they may not be seen creates more work to train/communicate changes like this to prevent confusion.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by BShipe (Iron Contributor)
Solution
Hello, don't believe there is so probably part of the relatively inconsistent update process and behavior. Sometimes I see these messages and sometimes not.

View solution in original post