New Teams Channel Calendar App Makes Channel Meetings Easier to Access

MVP

The Teams channel calendar app highlights meetings scheduled for a calendar and makes it easier for team members to attend these events. Meetings for all channels in a team are stored in a single calendar, so the app applies a filter to display the meetings belonging to the channel it is installed into.

https://office365itpros.com/2021/01/11/teams-channel-calendar-app/

65 Replies
Will this app ever be available to work with shared private channels? Presently, it seems it only works with the "General" channel under a team.
Meetings for the channel calendar are stored in the group calendar in the group mailbox. Private channels don't use the group mailbox...
Thanks, Tony. Makes sense. It would be cool if you could add a tab for a calendar though. I know there are 3rd party apps but native functionality is always better.

@Tony Redmond  I understand the feature doesn't work for Private channels, but it doesn't look to be working for Shared one either. I was able to create a calendar in a shared channel, and it's added as a tab, only to see it disappearing after a few seconds. Is this a bug, or it's not supposed to work for shared channels? If the latter, any plans to change this? Thanks!

I don't work for Microsoft so can't comment for them, but I don't see how shared channels can support a channel folder. To do so would require people from other tenants being able to access the calendar folder in the group mailbox and that isn't possible.