New Team Room..."Cannot Fetch Calendar" (Logitech Kit)

Copper Contributor

Just finished setup of a new Teams Room using the Logitech Large Room system for teams (kit with Rally camera, TAP touch display and prebuilt PC). I followed exclusively the Microsoft deployment directions for office365 online only (no on premise or hybrid exchange). 

Meetings, calls, sharing ect all is working....with one exception. On the TAP display (connected to the teams room computer) it displays a cannot fetch calendar error after it logs into the team room account. However I do know the calendar works because if I sign into desktop teams on my own computer using the meeting room credentials it all work, I can see the room calendar entries ect. In addition it is auto accepting invites sent to it from organization users and I can see the room calendar in my outlook along with busy times ect. It simply cannot fetch calendar when logged in on the meeting room PC.

22 Replies

@cbotI have the same 'Cannot Fetch Calendar' error.   First some history....I was part of the SrSv2 TAP and early on with Skype and Exchange on-prem...I also had the same calendar fetch issue.  It turned out back then that MSFT assumed that the SIP and UPN was the same but in our environment it isnt.    Now fast fwd to the most recent calendar fetch issue.   This issue reappeared after migrating the resource mbx to O365. 

So Im curious...does your SIP and UPN for the user account match?

Dave

@David Christensen 

So as it turns out our problem was autodiscovery wasn't working. We had recently migrated our DNS management to s new service and actually all of the required DNS records for Office365 were missing other than the MX records. After we setup the DNS records (which include autodiscovery service) the calendar started working working as expected.

I just set up our first Logitech Smart Dock Teams console and I followed the account creation instructions and everything is working except I too am getting the Cannot fetch calendar error. I have nothing on premises. Everything is in the cloud. How did you know it was a auto discover issue? If I do a nslookup on the console for the auto discover record for my domain it seems to resolve it just fine. I have noticed that it seems to return the ipv6 address first before the ipv4 is address, do you think this is a problem? Really frustrating.

@Ricky Isbell we are having the same issue. how did you resolve it?

You have to make sure the account you are using for the room still has basic authentication enabled for the account. Before I installed this room, I had basic authentication turned off by default and was using modern authentication for all of my users. Apparently the teams room software will only use basic authentication for connection to the mailbox of the room. So check to make sure that basic authentication is turned on for your room mailbox account.
Thanks for the info. How do I go about changing this?

Thanks for your help!

@Ricky Isbell 

Thanks for the info. How do I go about changing this?

Thanks for your help!

@Ricky Isbell 

Ricky thanks for this...i have done this and get the message from Powershell: "The command completed successfully but no settings of 'MM Board Room' have been modified."

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again.

We faced same issue originally, but resolved after enabling basic auth for exchange just like you mentioned. 

But now, devices showing same "cannot fetch calendar" message randomly on devices; sometimes device restart clears the message and able to get meeting invited, but it again appears randomly after some time ( or after few days in some cases).

Any thoughts?

I am experiencing the same issue on HP Elite Slice systems using the Teams (Skype?) Room System.

Per@Ricky Isbell 's suggestion, I created an Authentication Policy in Exchange Online that allows for all forms of Basic Authentication and I'm still having the problem.

Am I enabling Basic Authentication the right way or doing something wrong? I'd be happy to help any way that I can.

@rodgcw 

i fought with this and messed around with crazy auth policies and made no difference. 

you will need to jump over to the admin side of the MTR/SRS device and change the DNS on the network adapters to an alternate DNS. easiest to use googles. 8.8.8.8.

this is the thread that helped me. https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/skype-for-business-it-pro/teams-room-quot-cannot-fetch-calend...

that worked for me.

@bjones96 

Thanks for the quick reply, man!

Did that, still no dice. Also noticed that Hyper-V was enabled for some reason? Disabled that feature and still receiving the same error message...

@rodgcw so you set the dns as 8.8.8.8? what liscence are you using?

also what user name are you using to get in? also make sure MFA is disabled and your not using an app password. all you should have in the MTR setting is a user name and password the domain etc should be blank.(this worked for us)

@bjones96Yes. Using the Microsoft Teams Room License.

• No MFA.
  • Username and email is the account's UPN.
  • Tested with the domain blank and with it filled in. Unsuccessful both ways.

@rodgcw 

did you create the room etc via powershell or admin centre online?

@bjones96They were migrated from our on-prem Exchange Server to Exchange Online.

I would be inclined to recreate them to be sure that nothing was missed in the flip over.

@bjones96Solved.

Turns out it wasn't my configuration of the accts or the device, but that the autodiscover was improperly configured by one of our sys admins. They've reconfigured it and we're up and running. Thanks for your help!