New-Team in PowerShell Runbook doesn't work since yesterday

Copper Contributor

Hi,

since yesterday, my PowerShell Runbook for Teams creation doesn't work anymore. It seems like the New-Team cmdlet is broken (MicrosoftTeams Module V1.0.1)

I get following error: 

Team couldn't create. Error occurred while executing

Code: NotFound

Message: Failed to execute MS Graph backend request GetGroupInternalApiRequest. The server failed to respond correctly. Response Code: NotFound, Reason: Reason: Not Found

What is strange is that the SharePoint Site exists for a short time, but then gets automatically deleted.
I can then find the site in the SharePoint Admin Center under deleted sites.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

Best regards

8 Replies
Short update: A Microsoft 365 group is also created each time (and will be deleted directly). So it looks like the reason for the error is in the creation of the team.
Hi,

Do you have any update on this? I expierence the same issue..

@nielsdejager No, unfortunately not. I Hope someone can help us with the problem...

Have you had the problem for a longer while or just recently?

@s9kelei just recently, i am in talk with Microsoft support now.

When testing we found out that it is working when the team has only one word, this is working for example;

New-Team -MailNickname onewordteam -DisplayName "onewordteam" -Owner administrator@tenantname.onmicrosoft.com -Visibility "Public" 

And this is failing;

New-Team -MailNickname twowordteam -DisplayName "two wordteam" -Owner administrator@tenantname.onmicrosoft.com -Visibility "Public" 

Ok that's nice to know, I'll try and give you an update.
Which version of The MicrosoftTeams Powershell Module do you use?

In my tests I have noticed that the teams creation does not fail 100% of the time. For example, on Monday I was able to create a team. But this worked only once. The DisplayName of the team had 4 words in this case. Maybe this is a useful information for the Microsoft support.
Unfortunately, the Teams creation doesn't work for me either if the DisplayName contains only one word...
Could you please give me an update here, when they find the reason for the problem?

@nielsdejager Have they solved your problem?

It is resolved today, the problems was reseolved in 2 steps;
1 - Microsoft support had to 'Refresh the sync', after microsoft support did something on the background it started working again from powershell

But i also faced the issue om Azure automation and before it worked there i had to update the Microsoft Teams powershell module.

So best approach for you would be to contact Microsoft support and ask for a 'Sync refresh'.

Good luck!