SOLVED

New personal account feature privacy question when using alongside a work account.

Copper Contributor
Anyone know if I were to add a personal (preview) account to my phone's Teams app does my company have the ability to view my messages? I currently have a company teams account installed on my phone and desktop. I'm asking because when I install teams, at least on a PC, It asks if I want my organization to be able to manage the device or the app... If they can manage the app can they also manage my personal messages in the app? Any information would be greatly appreciated!
6 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi@Jpro1001

Your work account and personal account are separate, your work account will not have access to your personal account and vice versa.

Regarding the clause "if I want my organization to be able to manage the device or the app", when this option is enabled on your work account, your office will be able to manage your device and applications.

Regards,

Adil Yoosuf

@adilyoosuf Thank you! Do you know if they will share availability statues?

@Jpro1001No they will not share your availability status.

Adil Yoosuf

Can you please elaborate on when you say they can manage the device or the app. What exactly could they manage? Can they see the screen? Can I see files? Can they delete all my data?
Can you please elaborate on when you say they can manage the device or the app. What exactly could they manage? Can they see the screen? Can Ithey see files? Can they delete all my data?

Hi @Jpro1001

In short your organization will be able to manage your device settings and applications. You can read further in the link below.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/fundamentals/what-is-device-management

To keep things simple do not allow your organization to manage your device if you do not want your organization to have any control over your device.

Adil Yoosuf

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi@Jpro1001

Your work account and personal account are separate, your work account will not have access to your personal account and vice versa.

Regarding the clause "if I want my organization to be able to manage the device or the app", when this option is enabled on your work account, your office will be able to manage your device and applications.

Regards,

Adil Yoosuf

View solution in original post