SOLVED

New member gets automatically added to another team

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I am new to Microsoft Teams, and I think it is a wonderful collaborating tool. I love it. 

I am not sure if I make mistake or it is a bug. I have two teams namely, A and B. 

When I invite a new member to team B, the new member also gets added to team A. Does anyone have similar problems? It gets really annoying me because I have to manually remove the new member from team A whenever I added new member to team B

4 Replies
best response confirmed by siegfried2020 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hmm! Okay. Is this new members of Team B also new users in the tenant? Could Team A be a org-wide Team? Check the team settings if you are unsure.

If no please provide some screenshots of your Teams setup
Yeah its true!
I just discovered that the team A is org-wide. But I did not know how to change the setting to private team, so destroyed and created a new one. So problem is now solved.
Are you using free Teams? The default team is setup as an Org Team, you change it by right clicking a Team and selecting "Edit Team". This has the privacy setting on the bottom. Anyway, just a note for future reference :p
Thank you so much! I will keep in mind!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by siegfried2020 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hmm! Okay. Is this new members of Team B also new users in the tenant? Could Team A be a org-wide Team? Check the team settings if you are unsure.

If no please provide some screenshots of your Teams setup

View solution in original post