SOLVED

New Meetings Experience appeared then disappeared!

Steel Contributor

Hi has anyone experienced the following > Users received the New meeting experience update (i.e. in Settings switch it on), and all have been using it for a few weeks.  In the last few days, the Settings has gone from Settings and meetings and chats no longer pop out.  Most users are running version 1.3.00.21759 (64 bit).  I understand that not all features come with an update but can be pushed updates from the tenant.

Anyone else have this problem?

20 Replies

@Tanya Denton 

We have several users who are reporting the same issue. It was working and now the selection is gone.   We have opened a support case and are waiting for a resolution.

hello @rkendzior @Tanya Denton   There was a recent post that reported an issue that may be what's happening in your cases.  Worth a look:  https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/ms-teams-new-meeting-experience-auto-unchecke...

@ThereseSolimeno This has happened for me and it definitely isn't just a matter of the checkbox becoming unchecked. The checkbox has disappeared completely. It was there for a few weeks and now it's been gone for about a week. 

@Tanya Denton Thanks all, for us the actual setting is no longer there.

TeamsNewExperienceDisappeared.jpg

@Tanya Denton You're not alone. Seems as if many others are experiencing this as well. Must be something in the backend causing it.

@ChristianBergstrom I am just raising a support case.  However as we are an indirect partner we have to go through our direct parner > I am not holding much hope for this!

Will update this convo if i get any response.

@Tanya Denton I had this happen to me recently and I think what I did was closed Teams, cleared the cache, then reopened. Have you given that a shot?

For clearing the cache I copied some code from here and ended up with this PowerShell script that's mighty handy.

$path = $env:APPDATA + "\Microsoft\Teams\*"
Stop-Process -Name Teams -Force -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue; Get-ChildItem $path -directory | Where name -in ('application cache','blob_storage','databases','GPUcache','IndexedDB','Local Storage','tmp') | ForEach{Remove-Item $_.FullName -Recurse -Force}
$path = $env:LOCALAPPDATA + "\Microsoft\Teams\current\Teams.exe"
Start -FilePath $path

@TimK_010101 Hi, thanks for the tip, that script will be handy!  I have just responded to MS support with a few tests i ran.  Clearing the cache does not work (I do that regularly when the old image issue in chats happens!).  What i have just tested on the same machine, is logging in with my work account, no setting, logout and in again with a user from a different M365 tenant and the setting is there (both tenants E3).  I have even tried another windows profile on my machine but the same issue, for my work account the setting just is not there.

@Tanya Denton 

I can also confirm this phenomenon / error.

For my work account the new meetings experience is completely unavailable

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Tanya Denton Hi Tanya, did you hear "the latest" that the new meeting experience isn't compatible with Teams call queue. Could that explain the issue for you as well?

@ChristianBergstrom @Tanya Denton   Does anyone have any information if or when Microsoft plans an update for this?

@ChristianBergstrom no i had not heard that use, very interesting!  Off to do a little more testing.  I am in comms with MS support and they think it is a tenant synch issue, but could it be the issue you have mentioned.

@ChristianBergstrom just checked and we are using call queues, however I have at least one user who still has the New Meeting Experience plus the New Conversation Feature, but most users it has disappeared.  In addition to this I noticed that around the same time i lost the Team feature, i had also received an update to my Outlook client (bottom toolbar showed to the left), this only appeared for about 48 hours then poof that disappeared!  It's a little like a magic show here.

@Torsten Küsters  I was told that there would be a fix by the end of September.  The option will be removed and it will be a permanent part of Teams

@TimK_010101 This seemed to do the trick for me unless timing was just a coincidence. I've been fighting this issue for weeks (Teams reverted to old experience with no option for new).

I uninstalled Teams, removed all leftover files and folders related to Teams, then re-installed. Suddenly the new meeting experience option re-appeared. I had to close and re-open Teams one more time and then it started worked with new experience as expected!

@Tanya Denton ...and if by magic yesterday the 'option' reappeared in settings and was automatically enabled.  Presume that it had picked up my settings from before.  I am now wondering how long it will stay there ;)

We had this issue in our Org. However, it is matter of time since the roll out has to be completed for your tenant.

We also had case open with Microsoft. However, once the time goes by it stays for each and every user.

So, i guess technically nothing is required. Just be patient to get like any other Cloud feature!

@reachrj hi many thanks for replying.  It was not a matter of being patient for the feature to arrive, we HAD the feature, it then disappeared.  Any way it is now back so all is good.  Just caused frustration for users to receive a new feature and be using it for weeks and for that then to disappear.

@Tanya Denton Yes, understand how frustrating it would be to loose something we have been using especially when its a cool feature. 
However, it is what it is for the roll out to be stable.

Glad it is working now!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Tanya Denton Hi Tanya, did you hear "the latest" that the new meeting experience isn't compatible with Teams call queue. Could that explain the issue for you as well?

View solution in original post