SOLVED

New Meeting Experience setting disables at each log out

Copper Contributor

On Microsoft Teams (running desktop version 1.3.00.19173 (64-bit)), the new Meeting Experience setting disables itself each time you fully sign out of the app and sign back in.This means you need to then re-enable the setting and restart the app.

Are other experiencing the same issue ?

16 Replies

@ygilliard 

Yes, when I 'sign out' from the profile picture menu and Teams restarts, the new meeting experience checkbox is unchecked. 

If I right click the Teams icon in my taskbar and 'quit', when I restart, the new meeting experience checkbox remains checked.

Correct, that is the problem. As some user sign out for various reasons (like clearing some cache of profiles pictures to see new ones), they loose their settings on this New Meetings Feature. Doesn't happen when they just Exit/Quit Teams.
Thanks for confirming, assume this is then more widespread.
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@ygilliard I am getting the same experience. If you need to keep logging in and out of Teams because you need to use multiple accounts then the best options to are:

1. Use separate browsers one for each account
  2. Add Teams as an App in either Edge Chromium or Google Chrome
I have experienced this issue too and I have just reported to Microsoft so they are aware of this issue

@ygilliard It happens to me often, but not every time I sign off & back on. But at least every morning, it's disabled again after having been enabled the day before.

I have an exactly same issue, Desktop app version  1.3.00.21759(64 bit) .

@ygilliard  Yes also having the same issue here. Same Teams build, happening to a few of our users.

@ygilliard So i have found that when you sign out of teams it clears the cache from 

%AppData%\Microsoft\Teams\Cache but when you quit the application the cache remains. This folder is what contains your change of settings hence why when it clears you lose the new meeting experience tick. I'm not sure why it is doing this though but adds to the investigation. 

@栄一 東  I have two sign-in account for two Teams tenant using the same desktop Teams client.

One account is OK for this issue but other account have an issue.  

@栄一 東  I have same version and same issue too. :)

Same here. Our primary account loses this setting when signed out and back in, but the secondary account (another organisation not maintained by me) retains this setting. Strange! I've contacted Microsoft about this behaviour but I've been informed it is "expected behaviour" ??

Default settings for this new experience was changed as expected in this month so my tenant is all OK now.

Can I change this setting at tenant level, rather than on each machine? If so, how do I do this?

@Darren O'Leary  I assume it would be possible through Group Policy but not sure if there's any better way through Teams Administration.

This got fixed on mine a couple of weeks ago. I have no idea how/why, but thank you (hope it is fixed across the board).

@DarrellD"Fixed" for us too. Microsoft Support actually confirmed this was a 'feature' when I first queried it, but it seems they've taken the feedback on board!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@ygilliard I am getting the same experience. If you need to keep logging in and out of Teams because you need to use multiple accounts then the best options to are:

1. Use separate browsers one for each account
  2. Add Teams as an App in either Edge Chromium or Google Chrome

View solution in original post