New Feature Launched in Microsoft Teams End Meeting & Multiple Chat Feature

MVP

Microsoft Teams Application has always been improving based on the feature’s availability in the Teams Application. Microsoft has been enhancing the features some based on the existing Skype for Business Application and some based on the User Voice Request.

New Features Released in the April Update of Microsoft Teams Application

There were requests wherein the Microsoft Teams Meeting used to continue even after all the participants have left the meeting. One of the primary features available in Skype for Business Application was missing in Microsoft Teams Application of End Meeting,

With the latest Microsoft Teams Application Released in April with the version 1.3.00.8663 Microsoft has released the End Meeting in Microsoft Teams Application. Here is the below snapshot of the Feature Availability.

Satish2805_0-1586603114950.png

The Feature released is available with both the Meet-Now Meetings and with the schedule Microsoft Teams Meeting

New Features Rolling in the April – May Updates of Microsoft Teams Application

Multi-Window Chat is a new Microsoft Teams feature which enables users to multitask more efficiently by popping out their chat conversations into separate windows.

We'll begin roll-out to all customers starting in early April and expect to complete the roll-out by the end of May. This enhancement is related to Microsoft 365 Road map ID 57292.

How does this affect me?

Once available users will be able to engage in chat sessions in windows outside the Teams client. There are several ways users can pop-out their conversations:

• Double-click on a conversation in the chat list.
  • Click “Pop out chat” from the context menu for a chat in the chat list.
  • Click the ‘pop out’ button in the top-right corner of the chat header.
  • Use the slash command /pop name.
  • Double-click on an avatar picture
  • Hover over a chat in the chat list and click on the 'pop out' button

Satish2805_1-1586603114994.png

What do I need to do to prepare?

Multi-Window Chat will be enabled by default and there is nothing you need to do to prepare for this change. You may want to update training and documentation as appropriate

17 Replies

@RealTime_M365   Any idea When the chat pop-out feature will show up in our MSTeams application?

Currently I am running 1.3.00.8663 it running "check for updates" as of 4/14/20 it tells me that I am at the most current version.

Thanks!

~Glenn

Same question as @Glenn_Holton - is this going to be enabled via a server side switch? Please confirm the ETA for the roll out.

Hi @ranzzitwork 

The Feature has already started rolling out Globally on the Tenants. Some of the Tenants have already received the update with the layout. Microsoft should have feature rolled out for all the Tenant by End of April or by first two weeks of May. This is latest updated from Microsoft.

In addition to this feature here is the list of Feature which Microsoft Teams is releasing in April and May 

We are pleased to announce the following updates to provide additional controls on how Teams meetings are accessed and experienced as well as additional administration and security enhancements:

• Update default policy to enforce lobby in meetings, Roadmap ID 63388
    • Rolling out mid-April
  • Assign a policy package to a batch of Teams users, Roadmap ID 63390
    • Rolling out mid-April
  • Control profile picture settings in Teams, Roadmap ID 63389
    • Rolling out mid-April
  • Set a default policy for "Who can present" in Teams meetings, Roadmap ID 63206
    • Rolling out early May
  • Change in meeting join experience, Roadmap ID 63355
    • Rolling out end of April
  • Providing privacy for participants who call in to a meeting via PSTN, Roadmap ID 63309
    • Rolling out early May

Let me know in case you need any additional information.

With Regards,

Satish Upadhyaya

Hi @Glenn_Holton 

The Feature has already started rolling out Globally on the Tenants. Some of the Tenants have already received the update with the layout. Microsoft should have feature rolled out for all the Tenant by End of April or by first two weeks of May. This is latest updated from Microsoft.

In addition to this feature here is the list of Feature which Microsoft Teams is releasing in April and May 

We are pleased to announce the following updates to provide additional controls on how Teams meetings are accessed and experienced as well as additional administration and security enhancements:

• Update default policy to enforce lobby in meetings, Roadmap ID 63388
    • Rolling out mid-April
  • Assign a policy package to a batch of Teams users, Roadmap ID 63390
    • Rolling out mid-April
  • Control profile picture settings in Teams, Roadmap ID 63389
    • Rolling out mid-April
  • Set a default policy for "Who can present" in Teams meetings, Roadmap ID 63206
    • Rolling out early May
  • Change in meeting join experience, Roadmap ID 63355
    • Rolling out end of April
  • Providing privacy for participants who call in to a meeting via PSTN, Roadmap ID 63309
    • Rolling out early May

Let me know in case you need any additional information.

With Regards,

Satish Upadhyaya

@RealTime_M365   Thank you for the quick reply... Please have a safe day :)

@RealTime_M365 Hello again,

My MSTeams application just received an update... I now have version 1.3.00.9267.

:cry:Sadly I still do not have the chap pop-up feature.   

What version does this feature appear?

~Glenn

Hi @Glenn_Holton 

Most of my project are derailed due to the same feature. I would update you once the roll out happens. Internally Microsoft Users are already on the Features and they are testing it.

With Regards,

Satish U

@Glenn_Holton
Same here, just got 1.3.00.9267 but no pop-out.

Same as others, moving from Skype to Teams has been incredibly difficulty due to the lack of pop-out chat. When can I expect to see this and how do I set it as the default option for all chat windows?

@ChrisWY27   I can't tell you when (as I don't work for MS) but everything I have read tells me that once the update rolls to your corp server... and your client is updated.... pop-out chats will be avaialable automatically....no config needed.    We can only wait and see at this point.  ~Glenn

Hi @Glenn_Holton 

Finally the Good News is here. With the May Version Release with the Build 1.3.00.12058 PoP Out Chat Feature has been Enabled.

With Regards,

Satish U

Hi @ChrisWY27 

Finally the Good News is here. With the May Version Release with the Build 1.3.00.12058 PoP Out Chat Feature has been Enabled.

With Regards,

Satish U

Hi @renius668 

With Regards,

Satish U

Hi @ranzzitwork 

With Regards,

Satish U

@RealTime_M365 Yes I was able to finally use it. Now we just need a way to set pop-out as the default for new chat msgs.

@RealTime_M365 

It's June 15th - still waiting for this feature to be rolled out in SEA :(

One thing I have noticed is that the pop-out chat and the teams chat don't always sync. I've been using popout chat where I get a reply that will NOT show! Yet when I go to the main teams view I see it in the conversation.

Also - When will we get the ability to make pop-out the DEFAULT?!