[new blog post]: How to connect the Poly Rove IP DECT system to the Microsoft Teams SIP gateway

MVP

Hi Teams Tech Community,

I just released my newest blog post about how to connect the Poly Rove IP DECT System with Microsoft Teams Phone System.

If you like to deploy Microsoft Teams Phone System and still require using DECT, the Microsoft Teams SIP Gateway offers now an option to connect an IP DECT system from Spectralink, Ascom or Poly.

I've wrote a blog post about the configuration steps in the Poly Rove DECT system and the Teams Admin center :backhand_index_pointing_down:

How to connect the Poly Rove IP DECT system to the Microsoft Teams SIP gateway | Office 365 Blog (th...

Happy reading 🥸

15 Replies
Hello Thorsten,

Thank You for the detailed article. This would help the community members understand the features and configure the services with hands-on experience

With Regards,
Satish
Thank oy for the great article !
I was able to connect up to 9 handsets and resister with Teams successfully. T noticed that 10th handset is not getting "SP service Profile" attached to it automatically just like to handsets 1-9 did.
Not sure whether this is a limitation, I have opened a case with Poly but they are slow to respond.

@NickK890 

Hey, we have the same Problem, only 9 devices can be Provisioned but not the 10th or any more. We tried to contact Poly but they are very Slow as you mentioned. Do you found a Solution for the Problem? Would be very appreciated, Thank you 

Marcus 

Hey, we have the same Problem as Nick, only 9 devices can be Provisioned but not the 10th or any more. We tried to contact Poly but they are very Slow as you mentioned. Did anyone found a Solution for the Problem? Or maybe we doing it wrong… Help Would be very appreciated, Thank you

Marcus
Unfortunately I only have two DECT handsets and therefore cannot reproduce the problem. Have you opened a support ticket at Poly for this problem? I will try to check.
Hello @Mot-IT @NickK890 please contact our support team
- https://www.poly.com/us/en/support/contact
Please mention 34491988 / ECS-1874 as we can share 8.0.4.0004 Firmware
There may be an issue which we currently investigate if more than 14 handsets are being used
Steffen Baier
Poly HP AST Support

Hi,

After working with Poly support, they have developed a fix (8.0.4.0004) and shared with me. But I do not have local server in this particular (restricted) network to update it. I opted to wait till Poly officially release 8.0.5, now I heard delayed till end of Feb.

Hi @SteffenBaier , it is good to hear that even with the fix there are issues if >14 handsets. We may be OK for now as we have approx. 13 handsets for now. But it will grow in the near future.

Thanks ! - Nick.

Thank you and yes we opened a case and received the infortmation about the Hotfix, but we want to use 35 handsets so we are hopeful that there will not be an issue with more than 14... If we will have problems with more than 14 we will have to wait on the 8.0.5? Is there no company out there using more than 30? That is weird :) Thank you all for replying and helping
Thank you Nick :) I will let you know if we are able to use more than 14 :) We want to use 35 ...

Hello @Mot-IT 

the shared Poly ticket reference is the ticket dealing with the limit we found. We are not yet at a stage where we can determine it is our issue or our Partner Microsoft.

Regards

Steffen Baier

Hi @SteffenBaier1000,

is that Firmware 8.0.4.0004 also for Rove B4? We are using up to 5 cells and 35 handsets for our environment.

I will ask my team to send you all information through mail.

Thank you

Marcus
Hello @Mot-IT

the firmware is for B2, B4 and all handsets

Steffen
Thank you Steffen, since the upgrade of the handsets and all cells is really complex and takes much time, how realistic is the timeline for 8.0.5? Maybe I can convince our Users to wait until the end of month and dont have to upgrade the firmware twice :)
We are proposing to roll out 26 x B4 Poly Rove IP base stations and 60+ DECT handsets around a large distributed industrial site connecting back to Teams SIP Gateway - looks like this will be a show stopper

Hi, please request FW 8005 0002 from Poly Support. We have successfully registered 35 Rove handsets
@mike_pont