SOLVED

Need users can add invitees to the Teams and they can't post to the Teams's General channel

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

We have to block Teams self-service creation.
We have two teams "Internal only" and "Internal + External". We are having configuration difficulties for the second.

Desired user permissions:
- Cannot post messages to the General channel
- Can add members to the Teams
- Can add guests to the Teams
- Can create his own private channel
- Can publish messages in his private channel as well as his members and guests
- Can add members to their private channel
- Can add guests to their private channel

If the user is an owner, the user can add guests to the team and they can post to the General channel of the team.
If the user is a member, the user can't add guests to the team, and they can't post to the General channel of the team.

Requirement: User can add guests to the team, and they can't post to the General channel of the team.

How do we do it?

3 Replies

Leave the "invite guest" setting as default, and use the channel moderation settings to limit who can post?

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
  1. @Vasil Michev Thank you for your feedback, "invite guest" setting is active as default. I restricted the publication of posts on the general to owners.

I created a support ticket, my request went back to an engineer. Through the GUI, a member doesn't have the "Add guests to a team" permission in a team.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/team-owner-member-and-guest-capabilities-in-teams-d03fdf5...

Is there a solution even from the command line?

Right, seems I misunderstood the original ask, sorry :)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
  1. @Vasil Michev Thank you for your feedback, "invite guest" setting is active as default. I restricted the publication of posts on the general to owners.

I created a support ticket, my request went back to an engineer. Through the GUI, a member doesn't have the "Add guests to a team" permission in a team.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/team-owner-member-and-guest-capabilities-in-teams-d03fdf5...

Is there a solution even from the command line?

View solution in original post