Need help: Please delete my FREE MS Teams Account(s)

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I created a FREE MS Teams account, using the same email I have for my Microsoft account, not knowing the headache and issues this would create. (I unfortunately did the exact same for my father, and will need to undo this entire process twice, yay)

When I attempted to upgrade my FREE MS Teams account to premium it would give me the following error message "You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or school account instead." Upon trying to enter my intended work email I received the following notice regarding my email, stating it, "isn't in our system. Make sure you typed it correctly.", which make sense because it's not currently associated with an Office 365 business subscription.

After hours with various outlets of technical support - phone, chat, etc. we have concluded that I need to:

A. Delete the FREE MS Teams account (I can't use it as needed and would like it removed please)

B. Purchase an Office 365 Business subscription with intended work email for the Company in need of MS Teams

C. Restart process correctly with new business subscription under intended business email account

Can you please delete my current FREE MS Teams account (or both of them if possible - dads too)? - if not possible, I'll just copy paste this message for him :)

THANK YOU!

4 Replies

@Ashley_Andreoli Hi Ashley, I'm afraid this is a just community. Meaning we are not associated with Microsofts official support. We're just trying to help people out from our own experience working with the apps and services. That said, have you seen this page where you're given several suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/delete-an-old-microsoft-teams-account/83d8da1...

Hope it gets solved!

@ChristianBergstrom Hello and thank you for the heads up! Greatly appreciated insight :)

Microsoft's technical support actually told me to bring my issue here. Apologies!! I will certainly review the link you've shared, absolutely seems to resolve my issue. 

Many thanks!

@Laurence Arbin Thank you Laurence :) I greatly appreciate the assistance!