Need full screen vide capability back

Copper Contributor

There needs to be a method to get to a full screen video in Teams.  The latest update does not allow an opportunity to turn off/uncheck the "new meeting experience" in the general settings, as has been the case previously. There was a way to get to full screen mode to allow for recording of a single pinned subject without the commands bar.  Multiple television stations use the platform to record interviews and now that option has been removed -- unless someone knows of another method to capture the video of a pinned subject full screen.  Thank you for any help you can provide.

2 Replies
Hi, yeah the new meeting experience is now default for me as well. I can't find an option to hide the menu bar, but can use the full screen option from "More actions" or by pressing F11 (the bar still being displayed at the top as you mentioned). Let's see if someone else replies or perhaps you should take it with the official support via your IT administrator.
Agree. I used to disable NME due to this omission, but it can no longer be disabled. Yes, there is an option called "full screen" on the menu, but it's not truly full screen. They have dropped the floating controls and have instead devoted space for a control bar at the top. Definitely makes for a less "crisp" view of shared content. It would be interesting to know if that was a deliberate design tradeoff in order to accomplish something of value to users, or just a corner that was cut in order to meet a schedule.