SOLVED

NDI stopped working

Copper Contributor

Hello all,

We have been using Teams with NDI for the last month, with a lot of success. However, it stopped working all of the sudden. Now, we can activate it as always, but Teams does not generate any NDI signals.

We have tested all the NDI installation and it seems to be working for the rest of the software that use NDI (Skype is working for instance), but Teams is giving us a headache.

AlbertoPadilla_0-1605022522459.png

We can enable and disable NDI, but no signal is generated whatsoever.

Is it a general problem? We have tried on different systems and accounts, and NDI is still not working.

Any help?

8 Replies
best response confirmed by AlbertoPadilla (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi @AlbertoPadilla,

I remember I saw a tweet which may be related to this, this morning

https://twitter.com/john_moore/status/1325878237528993792

Maybe this is what is causing your issue, and what is the solution

Hope it answers your question

Best, Chris

Thank you so much @Christopher Hoard 

AlbertoPadilla_0-1605029284311.png

It is amazing how they can change something like this in the middle of the day without even showing a popup with the changelog. I was not able to do a recording and had to apologize to our client.

Thanks again @Christopher Hoard  for your kind help!

I don't have this dropdown from the 3 dots which says broadcast by NDI - any ideas for a solution?

@AlbertoPadilla I'm not seeing broadcast NDI on the drop down. I 've been using NDi and teams with vMix since September but now can't see the NDI sources in my system

I do not know if you need to do any specific step to activate the option in the dropdown. It just showed up. I guess it came with some update.

My teams version:
You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.28779 (64-bit). It was last updated on 11/9/20.

@AlbertoPadilla I've got exactly the same version and last updated at the same time. Perhaps this could be a regional thing. I'm in UK and don't have that on the drop down

@AlbertoPadilla I've fixed it thanks - Had to reboot my machine after the update - Thanks 

@stainsn thanks so much.  I uninstalled/reinstalled, checked the version (same as yours) and then restarted.  voila!  hard to believe we have to just discover these changes, thanks again

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by AlbertoPadilla (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi @AlbertoPadilla,

I remember I saw a tweet which may be related to this, this morning

https://twitter.com/john_moore/status/1325878237528993792

Maybe this is what is causing your issue, and what is the solution

Hope it answers your question

Best, Chris

View solution in original post