NDI permission not showing although it's enabled globally for the tenant

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I'm having problems with the new-ish NDI feature. It has passed almost a week since the Global policy of our tenant was updated to include the NDI option.

Most of my colleagues have the option on their settings->permissions tab, but I don't.

I have confirmed I'm using the latest Teams client (1.3.00.24755 (64-bit)) on Windows 10.

Any idea on why this is not showing up?

Cheers

Jose

2 Replies

@CloudGod I'm having the exact same issue and can't seem to track down why its not appearing for me. Did you ever resolve this?

@KevinIngrey Yes, I managed to overcome this.

First, let me tell you that I was not being able to get NDI while still being on Windows 8.1. I asked for the NDI policy enablement while still having the 8.1.

Initially I thought that was the issue, so I upgraded to Windows 10, but still, the permission wouldn't appear on my teams' client, despite being on the latest client release.

So I asked for the process of enabling the NDI policy to be done again. Our Teams admin disabled the organization policy and applied the changed. Then, he enabled the policy again.

With that second policy application, the specific NDI permission appeared on my teams client.

I hope this can help you. 

If you  didn't come from a recent Windows 8 upgrade, I suggest you ask your Teams Admin to re-apply the policy.

Cheers