SOLVED

Name in "Files" tab isn't the same as Channel's name.

Brass Contributor

Hi!

As you can see in this screenshot, the name of the channel in my "Files" tab is "Notes, théorie", which is the old name I gave to my "— Notes de cours" channel:

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 10.42.23 AM.png

Is there a way to change that, and why didn't it automatically change?

Thanks!

4 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @Chris_Calli 

When you create a Channel, the files tab creates a SharePoint repository for that channel. Updating the name within Teams does not update SharePoint. Within the files tab, click the globe in the top right corner and this will take you to the SharePoint document library where you can update the settings.

It may take some time to reflect the change in Teams.

Hope that helps!

Rach

@rachelcackleberryHere is what I see when I try to update the Files sub-menu name in SharePoint. It says I need to change it in Microsoft Teams but as you can see the Channel Name in MS Teams is correct, it is just the sub-menu name that is stuck with the previous name...can you help? TIA

RogerDDean_0-1650322442367.png

RogerDDean_1-1650322554235.png

@RogerDDean  I'm having the same issue.  Did you ever find a solution?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @Chris_Calli 

When you create a Channel, the files tab creates a SharePoint repository for that channel. Updating the name within Teams does not update SharePoint. Within the files tab, click the globe in the top right corner and this will take you to the SharePoint document library where you can update the settings.

It may take some time to reflect the change in Teams.

Hope that helps!

Rach

View solution in original post