My Teams application keeps disappearing and uninstalling itself

Copper Contributor

Hi, my company signed up a Microsoft Teams account for me, I can sign in Teams on web-browser and mobile application but I cannot install and use Teams application for Windows 64 bit. It keeps disappearing and uninstalling itself. Please advise me with this problem. Thanks

16 Replies

We are facing the same here, some users experience the same thing, it removes itself and we need to re deploy it each time. A clean wipe of Ms Teams didn't help (removing the regkeys as well).

Can MS look at this?

@DimiVantorre We are having the very same thing happen for us.  To a few users.  we've not yet found a pattern for users or machines yet.  Did you discover why this is happening to your users?

We are having this issue with a Surface user. One option I discovered was the setting in the Teams Admin Center under Teams Upgrade to turn off install Teams in the background for Skype users. We are in Teams Only now but Skype is not uninstalled on all computers.

@lamngoclinh I too have the same issue - I do have Skype as well installed the machine - so thinking, that could be the issue. This morning I used the team for a call ,  but after few hours just realized the Team has disappeared. Now I have removed the Skype ad re-installed  Team and let me  see whether that has fixed the issue

@sureshthomas not sure if your issue resolved ? 

Please share your observation....

@joydeep83 

We fixed this by removing some script (own made) that was causing this.

@DimiVantorre 

I'd appreciate if you could share the scripting for me

thank you in advance.

Hi all,

Sorry for the late response.

I figured out that I couldn't use Teams by installing it myself (download Teams from the offical website, install and open), but an email included the Join in Teams (or other label, I don't remember clearly) button which was sent by my company's IT department will help.

I just uninstalled my Teams (which I downloaded and installed myself) and click on that button to download and install Teams again.

Hope this will help.

@lingitexpress

The script was just removing it we needed that a while ago when not using Teams but since we are using it now and this script was still available on this user's PC (probably for testing purposes) we removed it and well, Teams stays on the PC now :)

@lamngoclinh 

Not sure if this helps, I faced a similar issue and solved it by uninstalling - "Teams Machine-Wide Installer" (Windows - Settings- Apps - Uninstall); even though I had Teams installed somehow this app was trying to to run the installation on every restart and my existing version was getting overwritten/ uninstalled depending on my luck Teams worked on some restarts or failed to open. Uninstalled this app and Teams, re-installed Teams post restart and did not face the issue yet!  

What's the easy solution tot his?

Same uninstalling and desapearing in the middle of a conference. Very frustrating. Did restart of computer. No fixed. Have not yet try to uninstall apps and reinstall. Just wanted to leave constance of issue as reference of malfunctioning of Microsoft. @lamngoclinh 

Facing the same issue. We use teams a lot i my company, and i´m about to reinstall windows

@AbhiYenu uninstalling the Teams Machine Wide Installer fixed this for me.