My team cannot see the whiteboard

Copper Contributor

I recently created a new free Teams account and set up my first group, none of whom have a Teams account, so I invited them by creating a browser link.

When I tried to share the whiteboard during our first meeting I could open the whiteboard and write on it but nobody could see it.

I read that I needed to change some settings in the Teams Admin Center but when I tried to log into it I was told I wasn't allowed because my email address is not a company one.

Does this mean that free accounts cannot use file sharing or blackboard?

4 Replies

@ThereseSolimeno 

If it is the case that a free account doesn't have access to file sharing, why do they make it an available option on the screens? Surely if something is not available to you, you should either get a message to say so or it should simply not appear as a selectable thing?

I have to say that I am new to Teams but it seems a lot less intuitive than Zoom, and a lot less feature-rich if you aren't a paying subscriber. I'd assumed they'd be pretty much on a par, but it seems not.

HI@mercedes9988  The second link shows that filesharing is included;  I wasn't sure that the Whiteboard is included.

@ThereseSolimeno  Thank-you.  It would appear that you can only share Powerpoint presentations, at least, that was my experience yesterday. This effectively means that I will have to convert all my pdfs, text files, images etc. to Powerpoint presentations if I want to share them, which is 'sub-optimal'.  My screen displays a Whiteboard icon, and I can actually open the whiteboard and use it, but I can't share it, which again is 'sub-optimal'. If that is how it is supposed to be working, I do not know who wrote the Use Case but it can't have been peer-reviewed.