SOLVED

My remote control on Microsoft Teams is no longer working

Copper Contributor

Just a few days ago, I noticed a sudden difference on the layout of the app... just then my remote control stopped working....  I need that to give my classes... 

Please... help me!!! My classes are depended on that feature.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by danielemyrsenglish (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hello, there is a service announcement out about this issue right now. Seems there are a couple work arounds you can try and a fix is in progress and should be fully deployed by Monday. Here is the Service Advisery:

Title: Any user who is given control by a presenter during a Microsoft Teams meeting is unable to control the screen

User impact: Users who are given control by a presenter during a Microsoft Teams meeting are unable to control the screen.

More info: Depending on how impact is presenting itself for your organization, there are workarounds available. If no mouse or keyboard actions are working, users may click on one of the side rail items (such as Chat, Teams or Calendar) and then return to the meeting screen to mitigate impact. If a user has issues controlling the top of the screen, the sharer needs to move the shared app (such as a web browser or the Outlook client) down 40 pixels to mitigate the impact.

Current status: We've confirmed that the fix has been validated and has started to deploy to the affected environments. We're monitoring the fix to ensure it progresses successfully, and we suspect that the fix should complete by Monday, September 21, 2020.

Scope of impact: Your organization is affected by this event, and this issue could impact any of your users that are provided control by a presenter during a Microsoft Teams meeting.

Estimated time to resolve: Based on current deployment progress, we expect this problem to be resolved by Monday, September 21, 2020.

Root cause: A recent service update is preventing users who are given control by a presenter during a Microsoft Teams meeting from controlling the screen.

Next update by: Monday, September 21, 2020, 4:00 PM (9:00 PM UTC)

MY dear friend.. I would like to thank you for replying me. Somehow, the same way that the feature stopped is now back.. I believe that that thing you said about the app has happened. The update is working really fine.. I have tested that with the first student and it worked really well. I believe it will be the same to the other students as wel.. thank you so much my friend. @Chris Webb 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by danielemyrsenglish (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hello, there is a service announcement out about this issue right now. Seems there are a couple work arounds you can try and a fix is in progress and should be fully deployed by Monday. Here is the Service Advisery:

Title: Any user who is given control by a presenter during a Microsoft Teams meeting is unable to control the screen

User impact: Users who are given control by a presenter during a Microsoft Teams meeting are unable to control the screen.

More info: Depending on how impact is presenting itself for your organization, there are workarounds available. If no mouse or keyboard actions are working, users may click on one of the side rail items (such as Chat, Teams or Calendar) and then return to the meeting screen to mitigate impact. If a user has issues controlling the top of the screen, the sharer needs to move the shared app (such as a web browser or the Outlook client) down 40 pixels to mitigate the impact.

Current status: We've confirmed that the fix has been validated and has started to deploy to the affected environments. We're monitoring the fix to ensure it progresses successfully, and we suspect that the fix should complete by Monday, September 21, 2020.

Scope of impact: Your organization is affected by this event, and this issue could impact any of your users that are provided control by a presenter during a Microsoft Teams meeting.

Estimated time to resolve: Based on current deployment progress, we expect this problem to be resolved by Monday, September 21, 2020.

Root cause: A recent service update is preventing users who are given control by a presenter during a Microsoft Teams meeting from controlling the screen.

Next update by: Monday, September 21, 2020, 4:00 PM (9:00 PM UTC)

View solution in original post