My Power Point in Team meeting is not showing under Power Point heading (see pic)

Copper Contributor

When I start a meeting and I want to choose me powerpoint, my powerpoint does not show on the list. But it shows under window. The pic shows what I mean. Anyone have any ideas how to fix that?? Basically my powerpoint is under window, but not under powerpoint.

3 Replies
Hi @d1781053

See here

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/share-content-in-a-meeting-in-teams-fcc2bf59-aecd-4481-8f...

The PowerPoint section lists the most recent files you've opened or edited in your team SharePoint site or your OneDrive. If you select one of these files to present, all meeting participants will be able to view the slides during the meeting. Their access permissions to the file outside of the meeting won't change.

If you select Browse and choose to present a PowerPoint file that hasn't been uploaded to Teams before, it will get uploaded as part of the meeting. If you're presenting in a channel meeting, the file is uploaded to the Files tab in the channel, where all team members will have access to it. If you're presenting in a private meeting, the file is uploaded to your OneDrive, where only the meeting participants will be able to access it.

So either 1.) Open and edit/save beforehand or 2.) Use browse to locate it. If you have already been editing it and is not appearing then I would open a ticket to support as from the article this ought to be the default behaviour

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

It would be useful if the browse function included the FILES tab of the team the meeting is part of, or even all teams I am a member of.

It seems unhelpful to have to pretend to edit a powerpoint every time you wish to share it. 
@Christopher Hoard 

@Christopher Hoard  it doesn't answer the question about why it won't display if the doc is already saved to onedrive. I'm having the same problem and my decks are saved to onedrive. None of my open and saved to onedrive docs display and they did until about 3 weeks ago.