My control bar in the meeting is empty

Copper Contributor

Hello, today my control bar is empty and I can't do anything such as open the chat, view participant, open mic/camera how can I solve this. I already reinstall it but it did not work.

Boonyapat_0-1637031833344.png

29 Replies

@Boonyapat  Yes, I and my team face same issue this morning. 

@JohnnyNagase 

All users in my company (both Mac and PC) reported the same issue starting this morning.  Seems this must be a pushed update that has an issue.

Facing the same problem here as well.

@Boonyapat did you manage to get this resolved i now have the same issue 

I faced the same issue. The web app still works normally though
I have the same issue as well--seems to work when I use a browser instead of the app. This is driving me nuts.

@Boonyapat 

We're in Taiwan and now we are still encountering the same issue.

So when does this issue schedule to be solved?

Thanks.

I am facing the same issue since morning when I logged in

FYI I have done a reinstall and attempted also to clear the cache. Logged in and out, tried different accounts. Same thing.

I am in Australia.

Me and my team are having the same issue and we are all using Windows. Web looks fine though.

we are having the same issue. All in call controls have disappeared:

Nathan_FBR_0-1637033809240.png

@Boonyapat 
I have the same problem.

Was working fine this morning and then vanished.

restarted and all no help.

i also have this issue within my whole company , tired to reinstall and check updates all the action , still no help
+1 Same issue in Australia and Singapore currently. Will revert to web app for now
Taiwan has the same problem
Facing the same issue, but some of my colleagues are working fine, my version is 1.4.00.29469 (64-bit), It was last updated on 11/16/2021. But my colleagues are using the old version.

Found this:

Nathan_FBR_0-1637035061593.png

We are having the same issue!

If you dont have access to the Admin Portal, here is the issue posted:

Can't access Microsoft Teams toolbar during meetings
TM298411, Microsoft Teams, Last updated: November 16, 2021 2:56 PM
Estimated start time: November 16, 2021 1:41 PM
Issue type
Incident
Status
Service degradation
Manage notifications for this issue
User impact
Users may be experiencing issues seeing the toolbar during a Microsoft teams meeting.
Are you experiencing this issue?
Is this post helpful?
All updates
November 16, 2021 2:54 PM
Title: Can't access Microsoft Teams toolbar during meetings

User Impact: Users may be experiencing issues seeing the toolbar during a Microsoft teams meeting.

More info: Users will be unable to complete any call control functions that rely on the toolbar such as Like, Chat, React, Share or user their camera and mic.

This may impact both 1:1 conversations, meetings and Live Events.

We have received some positive feedback that users have been able to use alternate methods (Teams web and mobile versions) to workaround the issue.

While we work to mitigate the problem, users can also try to use keyboard shortcuts as a short-term mitigation. Additional information can be found here:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/keyboard-shortcuts-for-microsoft-teams-2e8e2a70-e8d8-4a19...

Common option:
Toggle Mute - Ctrl+Shift+M
Toggle Video - Ctrl+Shift+O

Current status: We believe this issue is isolated to Microsoft Teams Version 1.4.00.31569. We've identified a recent update that may be contributing to the issue and are currently evaluating remediation options.

Scope of impact: The scope is under investigation, though our current understanding is that any user may be affected by this issue.

Next update by: Tuesday, November 16, 2021, 4:00 PM (5:00 AM UTC)
November 16, 2021 2:48 PM · Quick update
While we work to mitigate the issue, users can try to use keyboard shortcuts as a short-term mitigation. Additional information can be found here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/keyboard-shortcuts-for-microsoft-teams-2e8e2a70-e8d8-4a19...

Common option:

Toggle Mute - Ctrl+Shift+M

Toggle Video - Ctrl+Shift+O

This quick update is designed to give the latest information on this issue.
November 16, 2021 2:35 PM · Quick update
We’ve reproduced the issue internally and are working to identify the underlying cause and steps to mitigate impact as soon as possible.

November 16, 2021 2:19 PM · Quick update
We've received some feedback that using alternate methods (web or mobile version) may work for some users as a workaround.

November 16, 2021 1:58 PM
Title: Can't access Microsoft Teams toolbar during meetings

User Impact: Users may be experiencing issues seeing the toolbar during a Microsoft Teams meeting.

More info: Users will be unable to complete any function that relies on the toolbar, like Chat, React, Share or user their Camera and Mic.

Current status: We're currently reviewing support date to determine the cause of the issue and determine steps to mitigate impact.

Scope of impact: The scope is under investigation, though our current understanding is that any user may be affected by this issue.

Next update by: Tuesday, November 16, 2021, 3:00 PM (4:00 AM UTC)
November 16, 2021 1:45 PM
Title: We're looking into a potential problem affecting Microsoft Teams

User Impact: Users may be experiencing issues accessing or using some Microsoft Teams services or features.

More info: Initial reports indicate that users are experiencing issues seeing the menu during Teams meeting.

Current status: We're investigating a potential issue and checking for impact to your organization. We'll provide an update within 30 minutes.