Multiple Microsoft Accounts wih Teams

Copper Contributor

I have a user that had created a Microsoft account using his work email before we migrated our email to Office 365.  Now he essentially has two microsoft accounts under the same physical email address.  Teams is working fine within the organization but when trying to join another org (Partner) it doesn't seem to let him connect and we feel it has to do with this duplicate account.  Anyone else run into this problem?

2 Replies

Hi @Brian_Saxberg AFAIK, it's impossible to have two separate Microsoft accounts with the same email address.  I suggest you go to answers.microsoft.com and see what they say about it.

@ThereseSolimeno 

Thank you for that note.  It does seem a bit odd.  What is worse is he can connect as Guest to the partner through the web app.  The desktop app fails.  In his Team's app he has the ability to try and switch Orgs to the left of his Picture.  I don't as you can see from my picture.  When picking the drop down to the "Guest" partner org the Teams Desktop app just fails with an error.  I've gotten him back into our Org on the app and he will continue using the partner "Guest" teams from the web app.

Brian_Saxberg_0-1598968353202.png

Thank you,

Brian