Multiple account and tenant support for Microsoft Teams

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Please add a way to add multiple accounts from different tenants to Teams apps, both mobile and PC.
Slack has this feature and it is crucial for consultants working with different companies.
Please se vote the idea here:
https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public-preview/suggestions/16925362-sign-in-to-cl...

Thank you,
Roberto
109 Replies
Highlighted

A good articulation of the problem and possible solutions by Lisa.   Slack has solved this problem with multiple accounts in the single UI.    I can't think of a MS product that does this yet,   but Teams would be a great place to start.   I have six office 365 accounts and receive teams messages from all of them.  I live my life logging in and out of office 365 accounts :(  

I would have thought the federation option (like skype4business) would be a pathway forward (although can't get this working on teams yet).        

Looking forward to a solution. 

Highlighted
Actually the OneDrive app support multiple accounts and does it with ease. Same way teams should be able to do the same. The Outlook mobile app also work great with multiple accounts.
Highlighted

We definitely need this. For my situation I was able to get around this by using the web browser in Incognito for one company and use the desktop client for the other. 

Highlighted

Do we know when this feature will be available in Teams? It give us headaches too that it is not possible to use Teams with multiple accounts. :)

Highlighted
We don’t know yet :(
Highlighted

Great scenario! This is actually a requirement for us to be able leave Slack for using Teams instead.

Highlighted

Let the company have a settings on the company domain level that user is allowed to sign in with only one organization. And if user is setting up teams on different machine other than Org domain, then let them connect to as many orgs as they need. 

Highlighted

Many MVPs who need to access Office 365 for multiple customers now use Chrome's ability to have multiple identities, use the Manage People link under the person icon at the top right. Then you can easily switch between multiple tenants for the full suite of browser apps including Teams.

It's not ideal, really you would want one activity feed and source of notifications, but it's probably the best option for now. 

Highlighted
I vote this approach as well, since I use it a lot. You can also join channel meetings (no video) if needed. This is also a good practice, since you get access to other available tenant resources from the same identity.
Switching tenants and identities is a lot easier in mobile app, which is good since on mobile you can access only single tenant at one time.
Highlighted

One workaround is to use Google Chrome's Profile feature to manage multiple identities. You can create as many as you want and create a desktop icon for each profile. It can store credentials so you get single sign on experience with different users for the same or different tenants. More explanation here: https://blog.hyperfish.com/handling-multiple-office-365-identities-with-google-chrome-profile

teamsek.jpg

Highlighted

Totally agree with this. I am a consultant who always has this issue.

Highlighted

Great to see a new update on UserVoice! 

Highlighted

I was a consultant with access to 4 tenants so can massively relate to this. Was just checking back here to see if there has been any change.

Highlighted

This is a huge issue for me switching between tenants. I try to work around it by signing off and back on, but that takes a good 30 minutes of changing Settings to not auto-sign in, signing out, having Teams auto-sign me in (yes, even though I just turned that off). Going into Settings, changing them yet again, and repeat until finally Teams prompts for a different account. 

Seriously, I lose 1-2 hours every single day on this. I can't even use the web-version of teams because the only thing that can be shared in a meeting are PPT files, so screen sharing meetings are not even an option!

Highlighted
This may be a potential solution
Highlighted

Unfortunately this still doesn't solve the Teams App issue. Using multiple chrome instances for Teams is one thing, but the web interface is missing many things that the desktop app has. 

Highlighted

Yes, Chrome is missing some things desktop has but for me it is still way better way than to switch to different tenants in a app. It a browser is not a perfect solution - but a solution that meets even 70% of things - I rather use it than choose not to use Teams.

Some people use Franz to access multiple tenants as well. That app too has it's limitations, very much like with a browser, but apart from meetings you ought to get chat & conversations working. 

https://www.sharepointeurope.com/how-to-connect-to-multiple-tenants-in-microsoft-teams/

Highlighted

This is a make-or-break feature.

Highlighted

For me this is MUST have. Fo now I use multiple web Teams in seperated Chrome profiles, this solution is working for all O365 applications available by WWW.

Highlighted

Good then they are cooking something up!