MTR - Windows 1903 Feature Update Failing

Brass Contributor

Our Microsoft Team Room updates are failing on:  Feature updates to Windows 10, version 1903

Anyone else seeing this?  Is 1903 release for MTR?

@Sohail Tariq 

4 Replies

@Bryan Callicott 1903 is not unblocked yet. This is planned for October 2019. We will publish an  announcement/ blog post and client build for it soon. 

@Sohail Tariq any reason why 1903 would be trying to install???

MTR Not Updating - Initial symptom.jpg

@Bryan Callicott If you have modified any Windows update policies or your device is managed by someone who changed these policies, you may be getting 1903 update. We don't recommend changing Windows Update for Business policies. More info at: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/room-systems/srs2-lifecycle-support 

@Sohail Tariq - we are using Intune to manage the MTRs and I do have a Windows Update ring configured.  I have confirmed that a device configured without the Update ring does not get the issue.

Since I've already deployed many MTRs with the Update configured, is there a way to reset the update config back to a supported state?  Are there registry entries that can be modified?

Simply removing the ring from Intune doesn't change the existing config.  It only prevents newly enrolled devices from getting the ring config.

Thanks, Bryan