MTR Video feeds blank

Copper Contributor

Hi, We are working on a proof of concept for Microsoft teams rooms video conferencing within my business and i have been working on testing different products. I am currently using a Lenovo ThinkSmart hub 500 and i am having a problem where the TV we have the smarthub connected to is working fine until we join/create a call, at which point the screen flashes white then stays black afterwards, with neither of mine or my colleagues video feeds showing, but on the other end of the call the video feeds are working fine. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have tried using the MTR recovery tool with no success and i have used this TV with another device so i know it isn't the TV itself?

1 Reply

@LeeDorning 1. Try a computer monitor. It will probably work. So the issue is going to be with the TV. Be sure to enable HDMI CEC...it might be called something else based on the TV manufacturer.  But it sounds like the issue is that the MTR is sending a signal to the TV to wake it up but the TV isn't accepting it appropriately. Unfortunately I can't give much more detail than that as I'd have to see the actual TV menus.

If the TV does not support HMDI CEC, then you would have to add an extra device between the MTR and the TV to handle the signaling. Extron and Crestron have devices that can do that.