MTR Content Share Input HDMI always sharing

Copper Contributor
Have a client with an always connected always on in room PC that we need to stop it from showing the content locally on MTR screen.
The auto share toggle in settings is only for far end content share start stopping not for local.
So PC output is always outputting regardless of start/stop content share.
Anyone got a solution, looking at Monitor Detection blockers or removing pin19 on HDMI cable for Hotplug detect.
Why can’t the MTR content start stop doing local and remote content share?

20 Replies
As long as the HDMI ingest device sees a signal it will attempt to display it. You will need to break the chain somehow. Removing pin 19 is probably a bit extreme and it may cause some other issues when trying to present. I would look at a small HDMI auto-switch device that kills the output of itself when there is no valid input detected.

I don't think a house PC was really factored in when MS were coming up with the ingest mechanism, I think they assumed it would be used for laptops on the desk that are physically unplugged when not being used which makes sense.
does this affect the auto-update?
justinbliss is correct that this was how the MTRs were designed. We've run into the same issue as we have wireless sharing devices connected to the UC Engines. If I recall correctly, there may be an option in the roadmap or we just talked about it at Ignite. But I think an option to turn this off on a per-machine basis is at least in their heads.
Hi RayGentry,

Please can you update whether you have found a solution regarding to your wireless sharing devices, we have the same issue.

Thanks
If you look at the skypesettings.xml file there is an option there for screen sharing.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/rooms/xml-config-file

You can set it to 0 and I believe that disabled the auto share feature.
Hi J

Thanks for replying to my query. The issue we having is the same as RayGentry highlighted. We have wireless presenting dongle plug directly into the MTR Logitech tap but we don’t want Team room system to display the wireless presenting dongle background until the user start presenting wirelessly to the dongle then projecting it to the TV.
Hi RayGentry,

Please can you update whether you have found a solution regarding to your wireless sharing devices, we have the same issue.

Thanks
What is the wireless presentation device?
Hi J

Thanks for replying to my query. The issue we having is the same as RayGentry highlighted. We have wireless presenting dongle plug directly into the MTR Logitech tap but we don’t want Team room system to display the wireless presenting dongle background until the user start presenting wirelessly to the dongle then projecting it to the TV.
Unfortunately that only applies to in-meeting sharing. Checking that box keeps the local HDMI ingest content in Teams Room from being shared into the meeting for remote users but doesn't affect that if something is plugged into the HDMI ingest, it's up on the MTR screen when not in a meeting.
What wireless presenter are you using?
Mersive solstice.
Hi Justinbliss,

Is the wireless adapter the that interface with Microsoft team room system that enable users to present their computer desktop contents.
I have never actually got my hands on one of them but if you can kill the HDMI output when no users are connected to it that will most likely solve it.

For instance, on a Barco Clickshare you can set it up so when no one is connected to it the HDMI output on the Clickshare actually kills the HDMI connection which makes the MTR think there is no content connected anymore.

Hi everyone,

I would just like to vote up this thread since to my understanding there is still no fix to this issue?

@justinbliss Would you mind sharing what have you changed in Clickshare to "kill" the HDMI when not in use?

@nerone250 if you set the Barco to not have a wallpaper, that will disable the constant HDMI signal

It's been two years Microsoft! Please add a toggle to stop auto screen sharing when not in a meeting :)

@WhyZab 

Yeahhhh Im going to open a ticket on this and see what happens.

One more vote from me!
Killing the HDMI output from a Barco Clickshare is ok, but when someone wants to share, it takes some time to handshake properly. It would be nice to keep the HDMI connection going (to prevent new handshakes) and only share when needed, so that everything is faster.