SOLVED

MSTeams Metadata Loss

Copper Contributor

After making changes for some files (excel files). From then all files was shown as they have missing metadata. How to fix it?

5 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@LujainKamal Are these file edited from MS Teams or office online? Does the same issue occur in excel online as well? You an recover previous version from version history
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/view-previous-versions-of-office-files-5c1e076f-a9c9-41b8...

The Excel files were edited using MSTeams and sometimes simultaneously With others. It started from excel and then showed error in all files such as PDF files. I have tried restoring old versions of file but it haven’t worked and no change in the note that there is “missing metadata”.
However, few days ago, I have tried opening the file in share point and edited the file properties and it worked! I can now edit or save changes in file.

The current problem I’m facing is that I cannot “upload” files from my device in MSTeams. Any ideas on how to solve this?
We tried to edit files using excel online, MSTeams, and by opening from our devices and then saving changes. All didn’t work unless properties were changed and all filled in share point.

@LujainKamal This is interesting, I'll try to reproduce it and check if it repros
For the file upload issue, is it failing to upload from mobile device or desktop/web and in 1:1/group chats or Teams channels?
Is there a specific error you get when uploading?

Dear Mr. Tushar Pathak,
Forgot to thank you for your reply. And thanks for taking the time to try this.

It happens using my device in both desktop and shared-point using web (haven’t tried using my mobile device).
The only option I was given is to upload using the “+ add cloud storage” of one of the channels in MSTeams desktop version, then selecting share point or Dropbox or etc.

It happens in teams channels. I just tried using the channel chat to upload the file it worked. I forgot to try it here. Thank you!

No specific error, just it can’t be uploaded.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@LujainKamal Are these file edited from MS Teams or office online? Does the same issue occur in excel online as well? You an recover previous version from version history
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/view-previous-versions-of-office-files-5c1e076f-a9c9-41b8...

View solution in original post