MS Voice - Change main service number

Copper Contributor

We're coming up to the end of out MS Business Voice trial and we're getting ready for our real main number to be transferred to the system as soon as the porting has completed. Is there a one stop place I can replace our trial main service number with our real one? For example, do I have to recreate all the call assistant settings or can I just transfer everything to the new number? If so how, do I do this? 

1 Reply

Hi,

Did you assign your main number to a user account or to a resource account to be used with a Auto Attendant or Call Queue?

If you assigned the main number with a user account, you can change the number. There could be a slight delay until the change takes effect, but you also have to do it after the porting of the numbers so you might want to create a new account anyway.

If you assigned the number to a resource account and using it with an Auto Attendant or Call Queue, assign the ported main number to a new resource account. You can assign both the current and the new resource account to your AA/CQ and have multiple numbers for that service.