MS update to bring private channel functionality to a tenant

Brass Contributor
Private and pinned channels functionality has yet to show themselves in our tenant yet.  Is it a case of sitting tight and waiting for our tenant to receive the relevant update or is there something our global Admin must do?
If it’s the former, is there any way of finding out which phase our tenant is in for updates?
4 Replies
Id start by checking with your admin if features are turned off at the tenant level!
Also keep in mind that PC can be turned off to members on a team level by any owner of that Team

Adam
Many thanks for your swift response Adam. I raised this issue with my Global Admins last week but they seemed to think that our tenant has yet to receive the update. We’re a UK university and many of my technical IT colleagues at other UK universities have confirmed their tenants updated a few weeks ago, bringing this functionality automatically.
Is there a way of determining if our tenant has received the update with private Teams channels or not?

Mary
Might be something to do with having an EDU plan! Not really sure about these features on EDU but someone else here for sure knows
It should be rolled out to edu plans as well but it might not yet arrived! Seems like most got it by now though