MS Teams with Exchange onPremise

Copper Contributor

I have a very special problem to solve. Assuming there is a company A, which is Using Exchange on Prem. They have their own AD (on prem) and no O365 Tenant.  The accounts are not linked to our Company B.  In the past, Company B provided Skype for Business only licenses to the users of Company A, with separat Accounts (Azure AD Synched) of Company B which are not at all connected to the Accounts on Company A environment (only to use SfB). 

Now with Teams, there are no "TEAMS only" licences, Comany B must provide at least E1 License to the Company A users, without providing Exchange Online Mailboxes.  

Can company A use Teams with their own local Exchange? e.G. Outlook Add-In for Calendar etc. ? 

Regards

André  

2 Replies

@Vasil Michev 

Thank you for your reply. 

I know this documentation. But it doesn't fit exactly what I am searching. The Accounts from the Exchange on Prem. users are not synced to Azure AD, also no Hybrid setup is possible there. They want to run only on Exchagne on Prem. The Teams accounts are provided from the Company B ... this accounts are synced ot Azure but there are no Exchange Online Mailboxex. Technically this are totaly different accounts/users.